Notices

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It works! Great Job.
After the update today it starts up immediality.

Just two questions:
Is it possible to delete the shortcuts in the main menu? I only want theme on my desktops.
Is it possible to create the name or initials on the desktop? It's now exactly the same icon as the phonebook and the conversations schortcut.

Keep up the great work
Sorry i'm not sure I understand what your asking, you can use any icon in your icon folder and also add text under it, or if you dont pick an icon just have text.
Please can you explain to me more clearly what you want, I'm being dense, lol

Edit:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Tiboric,

Can you make the app give us somekind of confirmation after clicking the create button?
will get on it right away...

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-03-14 at 16:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Tiboric,

Can you make the app give us somekind of confirmation after clicking the create button?
i also was confused for the first time wheather shortcut is created or not! thats a good sugestion,now if you could help me......

how do i create a shortcut to lock the screen? (your "lock.desktop" file does not appear when adding a shortcut under desktop settings) i put .desktop file correctly in /usr/share/applications/hildon
thanks in advance!

done... in repo's in 20 - 30 mins

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i also was confused for the first time wheather shortcut is created or not! thats a good sugestion,now if you could help me......

how do i create a shortcut to lock the screen? (your "lock.desktop" file does not appear when adding a shortcut under desktop settings) i put .desktop file correctly in /usr/share/applications/hildon
thanks in advance!
use shortcut maker to make a command shortcut containing:
Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-03-14 at 19:12.

new version in repo now, has banner conformations.

p.s just realised how much I’ve double posted in this thread, i normally just edit the last post.
sorry guys it's because I’ve got a shortcut on my desktop to http://talk.maemo.org/newreply.php?d...ote=1&p=967737. lol

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-03-14 at 22:58.

Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
use the tab that says icon, then you can put whatever text you want under the icon.

@zeltak: try new version i was missing a dependency.

@droitwichgas: Sorry this is a problem for a few people, i'm working on it, if us use
Code:
sudo gainroot
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/shortcutmkr/main.py
it will launch.
so after i create shortcut to my contact i should go to the icon tab and add contacts name in the text field and click on create. but how will this link to my contact.

what i wish is a shotcut that make a series of command line in the xterminal, like do automaticly a sudo gainroot or open a shortcutless software

so after i create shortcut to my contact i should go to the icon tab and add contacts name in the text field and click on create. but how will this link to my contact.

Tiboric please tell me how can link an icon with my shortcut on the desktop

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
done... in repo's in 20 - 30 mins

use shortcut maker to make a command shortcut containing:
Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked
worked for me, again THANK YOU! tiboric

This is a get app, I particularly like your idea of using it on top of the standard phone shortcuts!

Any chance you could give me the code to produce a "reboot" shortcut to use Xterm if it is not too much trouble for you?

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2011-03-15 at 13:24.

Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
what i wish is a shotcut that make a series of command line in the xterminal, like do automaticly a sudo gainroot or open a shortcutless software
you can do this with shortcut maker. when i get home i'll post a load of usfull command to use with it including sudo gainroot.

Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
no other way around make icon then go and make the shortcuts you want and the will use the icon selected. i will try and make it easyier in next version.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
This is a get app, I particularly like your idea of using it on top of the standard phone shortcuts!

Any chance you could give me the code to produce a "reboot" shortcut to use Xterm if it is not too much trouble for you?
i have this at home i'll include it in the list of usefull command. be home in a few hours.

thanks for all the feedback guys

Last edited by Tiboric; 2011-03-15 at 13:20.

Tags
command, desktop, python, shortcuts, thanks mag