Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Sometimes if I play a video through the N900's default media player, when the video I'm watching finishes, the following video right below it starts playing right away by itself for a few seconds (usually 3 seconds) and then stops.

This made me think - if this is happening by accident for some unknown reason, is there a way how to force the default media player to actually play videos in a sequence the exact same way like songs are played on the N900? One after another?

With songs you can set up a playlist, but what about videos?
Using another app like MPlayer could be a solution, but that's not what I'm asking for.

I imagine somekind of script could enable this (on/off)? To perhaps add some simple settings to the media player bar?

On some occasions it could come handy and I find it actually pretty cool.

I'm surprised noone thought of this until now. At least I haven't found anything.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
actually it should be a request for video playlist choice in kmplaayer.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
KMPlayer is a good alternative, but relies alot on the CPU, whereas the Media Player is more DSP driven and can generally play videos at better quality and framerate. Plus everyone has it by default. KMPlayer - no idea how many people have it installed and how many of those people actually use it, but I doubt it's a huge number. I personally use it just for MKV/WMV and streams.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
MAFW supports it (the stock player adds videos to a playlist, but stops playback once the video's stopped), Open Media Player can actually support this, should be easy to implement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Has there been any progress?

Tags
n900 video play