Just got myself a new nokia n800 and have to say I love it, when using wifi... unfortunately I've got absolutely no clue how to get it to work via bluetooth with my 3G phone.

I've managed to pair the n800 and the phone, selected it as a trusted device on my w850i, and when the n800 tries to go out on the net the phone displays connecting and then successfully connects to the net, but after that nothing happens. The n800 is unable to get any data or connect to any websites.

I've tried both Vodafone Live and GPRS settings, and tried each of the internet connection profiles (contract and PAYT internet and WAP).

Really not sure what else to do... any other Vodafone users on here that have got it working that can throw me a bone?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
I have that exact setup working. I had to add a new data communication profile to the phone, and configure the N800 to use the correct connection ID (CID).

On the phone:

Menu > Settings (#) > Connectivity > Data communication > Data accounts > New account

APN: internet
Username: web
Password: web or wap (can't remember which, this says which, though)
Login request: off
Allow calls: automatic
IP address: blank
DNS address: blank
Authentication: none, PAP and CHAP
Data compression: off
Header compression: off

Then go to More > Account info and make a note of the external ID.

On the N800:

Not got one to hand, however go to the connection advanced settings and put the external ID digit in the connection string. Should be fairly obvious within the AT-string.

HTH,

Andrew

You sir are a bona fide genious

Works a charm thanks a lot!

Ive gone through this procedure about 12 times now and i still cant get my W850i and N800 to work together. Ive even subscribed to Vodafone's £7/month data plan so i could use them both together. Its driving me nuts. Is there anything not mentioned in the post that i could be missing?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
On the N800:

Not got one to hand, however go to the connection advanced settings and put the external ID digit in the connection string. Should be fairly obvious within the AT-string.
To avoid posting this information in another thread:
  1. Open Connectivity Settings > Connections > Vodafone Internet
  2. Click Next
  3. Under dial-up number, enter: *99***CID#. For example, mine is *99***5#
  4. Click Finish
  5. Click Done