Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Ordered the 140€ one & spammed all appropriate communication channels with news about the Kickstarter. Keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
seriously!?
Wtf!???!??!

I do hope that no one pledged something over there :/
Why??? Not all fundable projects have deliverables, imagine redevelopment/reveng of n900 which is closed source and you cannot make 100% accurate guesstimate how long it will take. You can shoot for 50k, while 45k could possibly suffice, oh wait, you definitely want to play transfer my funds from that last cashier to the next as the project will go on regardless. Funding/investment because 'I believe' should not be discouraged (and yes, i'm aware of a lot of scam artists/professional victims that earn money this way to keep doing what they do, should not be a reason to stop the cool projects anyway)

And btw edit: Gratz guys! Been a while for a good project to get good funding so quickly, faith restored

EDIT: oh wow, as usually jumped to conclusion, the guy who copied over dirk's project should burn in hell, still the 'fund me without goal' option should not be dismissed,sorry

Last edited by szopin; 2014-11-04 at 23:10.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Indiggogog..Is much better everybody just move to indiegogo...fast get the 100 euro option.

No countdown for indiegogo campaign?
Indiegogo used to be the only option for EU ppl, with the latest developments I guess KS allows non-US now

edit: also allows paypal vs KS :/

Last edited by szopin; 2014-11-04 at 23:18.

Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
Now that the goal is reached, I wonder how much it has to be exceeded for injection molding.
Stretch goals to the rescue I hope

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Indiegogo used to be the only option for EU ppl, with the latest developments I guess KS allows non-US now
KS even has a local Dutch establishment so yes, they accept EU people quite a bit.

I agree that Indiegogo is better though.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
well, he's hit his target!! It's standing at around 70+k pledged!! I know I've done my part by pledging. Would love *not* to have a wood back plate though....oh well.

Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it!!!!!

Ever since my N900 USB port broke, I've been surviving on touchscreen typing with my Jolla and been dreaming about a hw keyboard since I bought the phone. So close yet so far!

Go dirkvl!!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
77 in one day...

23 needed in 28 days

100 is the new goal

All low having fruit is gone...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The pledges just reached 600. Magnificent!

One thing I am worried, though;
@dirkvl, what are you going to do if the preorders run up to 10k or so?? There's absolutely no way anyone can assemble the truckload of TOHKBD's by hand... you'd need to set up a dedicated factory for that?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
One thing I am worried, though;
@dirkvl, what are you going to do if the preorders run up to 10k or so?? There's absolutely no way anyone can assemble the truckload of TOHKBD's by hand... you'd need to set up a dedicated factory for that?
With 10k preorders, he can hire people, build at a lower cost, earn a **** load of money and spend all his time to develop new funky stuff!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
First of all, congrats dirkvl!

About delivering the devices, yeah it might be worth at least to check if there is some facility that can do the soldering work. After all it's a relatively simple PCB so it doesn't require highly skilled (and expensive) operator.

On the other side, I hope Jolla supports Dirk with a few extra phones, as snapping in-and-out 600+ TOH is quite a 'stress test'

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd