Notices

[OT]No, please don't. One post that is just an excuse for zealot'ish religious preaching about new operating system that he converted switched to is about enough [/OT]
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
[OT]No, please don't. One post that is just an excuse for zealot'ish religious preaching about new operating system that he converted switched to is about enough [/OT]
woud you mind to post it again in some clear way
what i get is one post enough for that

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Thank you very much for all your efforts!
I understand you and I'm sorry I can't help you more. I'm also very short on time right now.
However thank you for your cooperation and nice reports.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
What dosent work??
Half supported
elaborate please
Several bluetooth things doesn't work. Like AT commands for contacts, PBAP/IrMC for contacts. I tried to improve it and I broke (I hope also fixed) file transfers with some devices. It's not the full list just some introduction

I think there is no support. don_falcone maybe meant community help as half support. However community doesn't have the power of Nokia or any other vendor. I know it because I tried to contact one vendor due to PBAP troubles ...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Now that don_falcone left, is there anything I could test?
I just watched this thread until now, partly because I don't have car handsfree I could test contact sync with, however, I could test MAP support with my HP Touchpad and/or file transfers with my Linux desktop. Maybe you can think of other use cases. I'd be glad to help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...i dont have 'left', it's just that i don't invest much time in analyzing/fixing anymore. It's simply like that when you spend 20-25% of each year travelling - you just want to rely on things that have to work. And i thank luf because he always had an open ear. If he absolutely can't find someone else with a carkit maybe i can do small stuff for him, not promised.

And @ a certain Pole: go f*ck yourself. At least there are many good people here that neither try to twist others words nor platantly use their self-nomiated position of power to plainly steal from the community; Don't get me to link all relevant posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
As I've said before, I'm available to test PBAB and MAP for use with Blue&Me. I know luf has stated he has no devices which use MAP so it is hard to develop it without a test. Maybe a desktop applet to interface would be sufficient.

On another note, I'm having issues with file browsing/transfer using the version bundled with latest CSSU-thumb. Is the fix you mentioned included in that build or is it still awaiting "release" in devel?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
[OT]
don_falcone, dont do that!
Keep the spirit alive.
Please, we beg you...
[/OT]
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...i dont have 'left', it's just that i don't invest much time in analyzing/fixing anymore.
Just saw
your post of today/yesterday and I feel a bit better now. I cannot imagine you leave and let your N900 get dust covered.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-05-20 at 22:50.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Now that don_falcone left, is there anything I could test?
There is new bluez package so you can install it and try to use/compare with the stock one. I'm using it for 9 month without troubles but I don't use all the possibilities. There is builtin DUN, PAN/NAP and more. I have to write some wiki about it but ...

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
As I've said before, I'm available to test PBAB and MAP for use with Blue&Me.
I think I find a way for notifications but I need some time I'm out of free time right now.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
On another note, I'm having issues with file browsing/transfer using the version bundled with latest CSSU-thumb. Is the fix you mentioned included in that build or is it still awaiting "release" in devel?
That version is buggy (I guess you have obexd 0.46-1maemo5+0cssu1+thumb0). There is new fixed version in cssu-devel (obexd 0.46-1maemo5+0cssu2). We're all waiting for merlin1991 to release new CSSU-T. But you can try the version from cssu-devel it'll be included in next CSSU-T and thumb also.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Having great fun today...not! Thought i better do some testing.

first problem is laptop will not browse device. had a boot error relating to a udev rule owned by openobex referencing plugdev which don't exist in Arch. solved that. still won't browse but receiving fine. think issue is still laptop side.

next up, Arch is stuck on obexd 0.46 because of the dbus changes introduced in 0.47 (org.openobex.client vs org.bluez.obex.client iirc). support for map is limited as a result until they sort out dependant packages. i was really hoping to try to knock together a basic qt based map client for the desktop to facilitate testing, and to add a reason for supporting it.

using map-client from obexd 0.46 I am able to get directory list, i can set working directory but I can't get message listing. -c telecom/msg -L inbox doesn't throw an error though.

do i need to rebuild with this with another option to test?

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-08-04 at 15:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile