Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Help....

My N900 seems to have a problem with the memory....

I am unable to take photos or video, as i get the folling error;
'Memory not accessable. Unable to save content'

It is also the same for the browser, I cannot save photos etc, as I get the following error;
'Not allowed'

I tried installing a Micro SD card, so I could save to that and use the camera, but it is not showing up at all in the file manager, nor the camera options....

In Settings I have tried;
'Restore original settings'
'Clear device'
And I also tried reverting to a backup...all with no success.

All files I have on the memory arel still there, still accessable, and I have plenty space available....I just dont appear to be able to save anything new, from any source/using any app

Any suggestions?
If I cant get this fixed...its bye bye N900.

Hello,

maybe you should try to reflash the device to reset everything:
(rootfs and emmc image)
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
Hi.
Before reflashing, what about trying this?

sudo gainroot
umount /home/user/MyDocs
fsck -a /home/user/MyDocs

Coming soon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RolePlayGame For This Useful Post:
The filesystem probably has errors and has kicked in read-only mode because of this. This is often caused by improperly removing the N900 from mass storage mode when the PC isn't finished with the device, random shutoffs/crashes, etc.

Connect it to PC in mass storage mode, right click the N900, properties, tools, then error-checking. Only need the default "automatically fix file system errors" checked.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elanzer For This Useful Post:
i got similar (if not the same) problem. check if the magnet under the kickstand is still there (it's tiny). mine was off, it was within warranty so nokia sent me another battery cover

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Elanzer View Post
The filesystem probably has errors and has kicked in read-only mode because of this. This is often caused by improperly removing the N900 from mass storage mode when the PC isn't finished with the device, random shutoffs/crashes, etc.

Connect it to PC in mass storage mode, right click the N900, properties, tools, then error-checking. Only need the default "automatically fix file system errors" checked.
You legend!

That fixed it, cheers bud.

whenever i tried to capture a picture it shows memory not accessible unable to save content, but following your above instruction the problem is fixed.

thanks bro.

I had the same problem and was getting worried..Thanks a lot for the fix!

thanks very much ... this is the only solution that worked ..

i know flashing will do ... y waste lot of time ...

when i enter umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
to the xterminal it says acnnot umount /dev/mmcblk0p1: invalid argument