Notices

Install problems with python-dbus missing still

Last edited by tz1; 2008-12-22 at 19:35. Reason: I thought it installed but it didn't

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
Install problems with python-dbus missing still
Do you mean there is no candidate for python2.5-dbus or...?
python2.5-dbus is still in diablo extras... Just to be sure, do you have extras repo enabled?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
- UPDATED: No .ani in theme, only PNG images now.
Yeah, I support your decision! The new 'charging icon' looks good

The Following User Says Thank You to bongo For This Useful Post:
Installing it as a deb through application manager, it complains that python2.5-dbus is missing in the Problems tab (I think it says "Installing" until it checks).

Python2.5-dbus is there since I can install it with apt-get install (which is what I did).

Do you mean there is no candidate for python2.5-dbus or...?
python2.5-dbus is still in diablo extras... Just to be sure, do you have extras repo enabled?
extras repo won't help in this case, because depencies are installed only when installing from repository.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
extras repo won't help in this case, because depencies are installed only when installing from repository.
Yeah, you're right... I forgot it is not provided by repo...

One step forward to the extras for me.

Last edited by 412b; 2008-12-22 at 21:55. Reason: One more thought :)

Extras-devel and the autobuilder isn't that bad. You just need to come up with the packaging pieces so dpkg-buildpackage can generate the changes, dsc, and source tree tar.gz.

The alternative is to create your own repository (a set of directories at a web site) - I have one for minigpsd at zdez.org and the tools automate the Packages.gz files and such, and you can then do a .install file and it should pick up the dependencies from Maemo.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Seattle
3. For those using LCARS... If you do need LCARS theme for Advanced Power it can be contributed since 0.3.0, perhaps, it would be better to contributed on the AP garage page or LCARS repo. If theme is needed I can make one from LCARS images and contribute/maintain it.
Please do add LCARS support. pixelseventy2 didn't go into detail, but actually the status text in the menu is black-on-black with those themes. Whether or not you want to do the work to make matching icons, can you please fix the text to use theme colors? Now that the App manager is LCARS compatible I was really hoping I could start actually using them, but I'd rather be able to see your applet. I'd help out with this myself if I knew how.

Anyway, thank you very much for all the effort you've put into this. It's been extremely helpful to have your app while debugging battery drain.

I'm getting a bunch Python & hildon dependencies that are required to load Pybattery but they are nowhere to be found? Anyone know if there is repo for all the required dependencies? TIA

Originally Posted by davidgro View Post
Please do add LCARS support. pixelseventy2 didn't go into detail, but actually the status text in the menu is black-on-black with those themes. Whether or not you want to do the work to make matching icons, can you please fix the text to use theme colors? Now that the App manager is LCARS compatible I was really hoping I could start actually using them, but I'd rather be able to see your applet. I'd help out with this myself if I knew how.

Anyway, thank you very much for all the effort you've put into this. It's been extremely helpful to have your app while debugging battery drain.
Thx.
In a couple of hours I'm gonna release 2 (Synthesize.us LCARS (as far as 3 themes share the same icons) and Synthesize.us Okuda) themes... Advanced Power doesn't actually support standard themes, it has its own themes... Standard themes support could be added, if it's necessary. Now about the text color: AP uses system settings for GUI elements, so there seems to be problems in the hildon theme. Anyway, please, attach screenshot, if it's possible...

Last edited by 412b; 2008-12-24 at 11:48. Reason: Theme recalculation :)

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar