Notices

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install the brisa upnp server on my N800 (Diablo) as described here
http://brisa.garage.maemo.org/installation.html
Though I'm facing some problems.

First I did install python-circuits (python2.5-circuits_1.1.1_all.deb) which did work fine.

Then, the installation of the python-brisa framework (python2.5-brisa_0.10.0maemo4_all.deb).
Here the first problem did arise. apt-get did complain about unfulfilled dependencies (python-circuits).
Anyway, I was able to overcome this by forcing the installation of the brisa framework. Maybe the problem is, that the brisa framwork depends on a package "python-circuits", but the corresponding package provided on the brisa homepage is named "python2.5-circuits"...

Further on, the installation of
python2.5-brisa-media-renderer_0.1.1maemo3_all.deb
python2.5-brisa-media-server_0.1.1maemo4_all.deb
python2.5-brisa-media-tools_0.1.1maemo1_all.deb
didn't give any trouble.

But when I try to start the media server from within the brisa-media-applet I'm just getting the following error message.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/brisa_media_tools/applet/control.py", line 104, in toggle_server
    self.start_server()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/brisa_media_tools/applet/control.py", line 175, in start_server
    self.get_server_proxy()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/brisa_media_tools/applet/control.py", line 150, in get_server_proxy
    self.server_proxy = bus.get_object(MSERVER_IF, MSERVER_OBJ_PATH)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object
    follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__
    self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner
    self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name
    'su', (bus_name, flags)))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process /usr/bin/env exited with status 1
Also I'm not able to call the media server configuration dialog. Neither from within the brisa-media-applet, nor from the corresponding menu entry.
It's trying to call an executable "brisa-media-server-conf" which just doesn't exist. Though directly after installing the brisa media server package, the configuration dialog of the media server came up once. So it must be accessible somehow.

Any idea how I can get brisa working (I'm only interested in the upnp server, not the media renderer).

Thanks.

Last edited by iskarion; 2009-10-11 at 19:37.

Tags
brisa, installation, media, problem, server