I've had my n900 a month now (and I love it) but i'm having some concerns..

First... the 3.5mm audio jack is already playing up. It's lose inside the phone and often needs a wiggle to make it work ( which is obviously is going to make things worse to the point of failure)

Second... In 4 weeks already the keyboard is starting to wear away! the matt effect ruberish touch surface is coming away on almost the keys now!

Third.... The plastic edging round the lower half of the keyboard has cracked?

Anyone else having any of these problems?

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
i've had mine since december, no problems with the audio jack. but however am noticing holes of light coming through the keys from where its wearing down. :/

wow, you must have a very rough fingers print. mine still looks good. had it since nov 09

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
No wear whatsoever here (yet)
The QWERTY assy isn't well installed here though, it's raised a bit from the middle and it creaks when pressing the lower row keys
Thinking about either refitting it or buying a new one and installing it.

Its worth noting im a text-o-holic and probably sent about 2000 in 4 weeks plus a fair bit of facebook etc. But still? surely this device has to last my 18months not 18days! Do you think I should contact Nokia for Warrenty issues? Particularly for the Audio jack

No surface wear, but my 'P' key no longer clicks!

PS: i aint got hands like hand paper, everyone says I got girls hands and never done a days work.. they are clamy though! maybe I sweat Sulfuric Acid

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I noticed today that the narrow piece of plastic cover between the bottom row of keys and the frame of the device became loose. It's something that you hardly see, but you feel it when you type...

Very disappointed. Shouldn't happen on a €600-device. And it's the kind of defect that is just not big enough that you'd go and fight for repair/replacement.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by southwalesboy View Post
PS: i aint got hands like hand paper, everyone says I got girls hands and never done a days work.. they are clamy though! maybe I sweat Sulfuric Acid
Ha ha, sending that many texts, im surprised u "get a chance" to do any work lol

My N900 still looks good, arrow keys are a bit shiny tho.

Wow, if my phone looks like that after 4 weeks I will be very disappointed. I might have to start using the on-screen keyboard a bit more. Although, that will probably just damage the screen quicker :\