Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Okay, I think I found the non-windy image: https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...pion-ci/-/jobs

Let's see how that flashes, and if I'm able to upgrade it to 3.4.0...

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post:
I upgraded successfully to from 3.2 to 3.4, but it still breaks media playback with native applications. YouTube using Browser is still OK, though.

It's strange, because the audio is ok, the time progresses, but the video just remains black... Something to do with hardware acceleration I guess? I'm reverting back to 3.2 for now...

Originally Posted by ogustbiller View Post
After yours message i tried to upgrade to... but have reboot after installing dmwsq... (near 70%) and all breakes(

ps: but i tried upgraded from 3.3..., not from 3.2.1.20 ...
What I did :
1) from a fresh flashing of 3.2.1.20 install
2) Install from Storeman app the Sfos-Upgrade tool
3) Launch terminal and get root access
4) Launch the following command : Sfos-upgrade 3.4.0.24
5) Wait for the packages to download and install
6) Reboot

I did not encounter any crash except that it takes a while to download all the required packages.

My Z3 is a SGP 612 model with 32 Go on board.

I changed the scorpion media stack to be the same as the windys, no idea why it was different. I should really get around to updating droidmedia and gst-droid on these devices as its pretty ancient now which might be the problem you're seeing.

I also baked some new 3.4 images on the gitlab-ci if you want to install and try those out

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2020-11-17 at 03:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for the update!

I'll test the updated 3.4 package first, now that it contains the same media stack. I try to get that tested during the weekend, but it might be next week before I have the time...

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
I changed the scorpion media stack to be the same as the windys, no idea why it was different. I should really get around to updating droidmedia and gst-droid on these devices as its pretty ancient now which might be the problem you're seeing.

I also baked some new 3.4 images on the gitlab-ci if you want to install and try those out
Just to be sure. I can't change stack buy modifying the repo list right - I have to reflash?

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
No need to reflash, an ota update from a previous version is fine or refresh the repos and install gst-droid if you've already upgraded to 3.4

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2020-11-18 at 23:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by persmule View Post
After I upgraded my sfos on scorpion_windy to 3.3.0.16, applications are unable to output video stream via gstreamer with the following error messages when executed from terminal:

(csd:3433): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 14:45:59.338: ../gobject/gsignal.c:2529: signal 'show-frame' is invalid for instance '0xb81941d0' of type 'GstDroidEglSink'

(csd:3433): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 14:45:59.338: ../gobject/gsignal.c:2529: signal 'buffers-invalidated' is invalid for instance '0xb81941d0' of type 'GstDroidEglSink'

Has @mattiviljanen experienced similar problems?
I just upgraded my own device from 3.2.1.20 to 3.4.0.24 and the problem above remains present.

Now I am going to restore my own device to 3.2.1.20 backed up with twrp.

Last edited by persmule; 2020-11-26 at 01:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to persmule For This Useful Post:
I dont know if this helps to understand the recent problems on that tablet better, but back in March or April I updated 3.2.x to 3.3, before the OBS updated some stuff.

After that I had two tablets running SFOS 3.3 with video output and bluetooth working. So it seems, there was a state of the repo, when at least 3.3 was working.

Right now, after I unluckily updated the tablets to 3.4 (I tested it on one and I thought after the first reboot video did work), I have to go back to 3.2 for video and bluetooth and the unability to use recent apps due to the ABI break or use 3.4 with the much better browser, up-tod-date api and no video and bluetooth working.

The Following User Says Thank You to contra For This Useful Post:
Happy New Year,

Could the not working video be due to the following commit:
https://github.com/sailfishos/gst-droid/pull/48

Would it be possible to try (compile and install) a gst-droid before that commit?

The Following User Says Thank You to contra For This Useful Post: