Notices

Ceene, please set up a donate button so we can thank you for your efforts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frasier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
Ceene, please set up a donate button so we can thank you for your efforts
I've thought about it, and when (I hope it's not an "if") I release next version, I will. Until now I've only maintained something that was written before me, but these weeks are being real work, so I now believe I may have earned a couple beers

By the way, I can tell you al that I've been advancing, slow, but progress is being done on the migration to libwa. I still can't send/receive messages but I hope it will happen soon.

After that, protocol upgrade will have to happen. Let's hope they don't enforce the new protocol before I've got fully working the new library, so I can at least go step by steop, instead of jumping two at once.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Malawi
great job man. i dont know if this can help. My other number is not yet banned what happened is that I registered it while it was in a different phone. when its in N900 its like facebook is able to access the sim directly then ban it. I think when its in the other phone access is somehow denied or it tells them that am not N900. I still have v2.27 even though it is like this I dont use it am afraid they will ban this too.

Ceene, I'll pay you a couple of beers in you preferred place in Madrid (i think we share city ) even if it finally doesn't work.
You deserve it!

rgds,
Rafa.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hi guys

My recommendation as of today is DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

The first reason is that it's getting people banned, and that's a pretty good reason to stop using it.

The second reason is that, even if you're not banned, it doesn't really matter much because you won't be able to receive messages from almost anyone, and I expect that Whatsapp deprecates old official versions that do not enforce encryption very soon, probably this week.

Once again: My recommendation as of today is DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

So, what happens now? DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

There's two things that need to be done almost simultaneously, as both changes have taken place in the last official release of Whatsapp.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

First off, it's imperative the implementation of encryption. Without this, we won't ever read anything sent to us and, in a few weeks, nobody won't be able to read us.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

The second big change is that the protocol has changed once again. My guess is that this is the thing that is getting people banned right now. I have sources to help with this and the guys from Chats-API are implementing it too, so this will probably be the easy part.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

When will all of this be ready? I quite don't know, although I expect to push for it during this weekend. Stay tuned just in case, if I get some inspiration we may have something ready next week. Otherwise I may just get fed up will all of this and call it a day.

DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

Anyway, that's all I can tell for the moment. Sorry about the not so good news.

Once again, because I know some people need to be reminded of silly little things like DO NOT USE YAPPARI.

EDIT: I've pushed a new version to the repos. This package is EMPTY and its purpose is to force users who have installed 2.0.27 to STOP USING YAPPARI. Nothing good can come out of it right now.
I can't wait to see the new version of yappari ceene...
Be the hero one more time...
Bye by zamn900

And ceene, If you are ever in Amsterdam..the drinks are on me!
Thanks for your hard work!

The Following User Says Thank You to juari For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2016 @ Caracas
ceene friend and will work no hope or we bid farewell to the application ?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Patience patience patience etc

I've just bought a new SIM card so I can continue development... let's hope I don't get banned again!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Hey guys!

Just a little bit of good news! There's a lot of work ahead, but today I've just sent my first ciphered message from Yappari that has been succesfully read on an Android phone with latest Whatsapp installed!

Bad news is... I can't still read messages sent to me, but everything will come!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari