I suspect MPD etc are getting the second batch of phones from the factory, which is why they are delayed even more.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
HI- One or 2 people said they might like a thread JUST for those of us daft enough (and unfortunate enough) to have ordered our N900s through MPD so we can keep a track on who gets what (if anything) etc- so here it is.

I, for one am not realistically expecting to hear anything until the 3rd as they have said- which I find very annoying for all the reasons we already know- but any little glimmer of light only helps keep our peckers up, doesn't it?
Good idea, we need somewhere where we can wallow in our misery...it will be difficult following the UK thread as they one by one get their devices (happy for them of course, but it's tough when you don't have it yourself).

Maybe we should work out a rota for whose turn it is every day to badger MPD by a) phone b) online chat c) email

By the way, in case you were wondering whether MPD are always this incompetent, there are certainly signs that they are. Read this thread and note the eerie similarities to our one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...+phones+direct

This post doesn't fill me with confidence and certainly would explain why they don't answer the phone half the time:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=25

On the positive side, this post would at least suggest that Robin at the Reading branch of Nokia retail might be a man worth contacting. He seems to know his stuff and may know more than those at the Head Office.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=45

Maybe I will phone there either tomorrow or the next day to see if anyone can give me a straight answer.

Anyhow, let's keep focussed on what we can do to keep the fire under their feet until we get our N900s.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Indeed, the problem is MPD were not honest. At no point was it pointed out that Nokia would be selling it first, as they made it sound like it would be the same time by claiming "from our Nokia stores" and "we run Nokia Retail".

They can hardly be surprised at us being confused to find that Nokia directly sell the N900 too FIRST AND run two of the Nokia stores, which probably will also get stock first (something only apparent when you look at the store list carefully).

If MPD ship the same time as as the flagship stores then perhaps we can cut them a "little" slack (as little as possible) but I fear the flagship stores in fact will get stock this week with MPD getting it next week.

I also think its really dishonest of them to still be claiming End of November BUT saying they will not be shipping until 3rd December. The date shouldn't be when they get the stock, it should be when they actually post the order. Its not like we are asking them to tell us the date it will be delivered (which lets be fair, is somewhat out of their control), we just want to know WTF is going on.

I can only guess this is Nokia at fault stringing MPD on with false dates. They should have known how long it would take from "we are shipping from the factory" to "its delivered at the warehouse in the UK", these are known shipping times. Its gone from aiming for end of Oct, Mid Nov, oh wait END Nov, oops beginning of Dec really. The only glimmer of hope is that they ship special delivery and no more Royal Mail strikes this year, so at least it might get delivered promptly.
I don't disagree with you at all.

Though they didn't exactly lie, they did attempt to put a spin on things. They should of made it clear (like in their reply emails to me and others) that their 'exclusive' was mainly to do with the n900 + contract / PAYG. But like with any business their main priority was to generate sales.

Their employees paid for this stupid move by our constant chasing for correct info. Lets hope they have learned some lessons.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Good idea, we need somewhere where we can wallow in our misery...it will be difficult following the UK thread as they one by one get their devices (happy for them of course, but it's tough when you don't have it yourself).

Maybe we should work out a rota for whose turn it is every day to badger MPD by a) phone b) online chat c) email

By the way, in case you were wondering whether MPD are always this incompetent, there are certainly signs that they are. Read this thread and note the eerie similarities to our one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...+phones+direct

This post doesn't fill me with confidence and certainly would explain why they don't answer the phone half the time:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=25

On the positive side, this post would at least suggest that Robin at the Reading branch of Nokia retail might be a man worth contacting. He seems to know his stuff and may know more than those at the Head Office.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=45

Maybe I will phone there either tomorrow or the next day to see if anyone can give me a straight answer.

Anyhow, let's keep focussed on what we can do to keep the fire under their feet until we get our N900s.
I've been trying to phone MPD for around 2 months now, since when i first placed my order.
I must have tried a few times a week, 3-4 times maybe.
Not once ever got a line through.
If i ever do, the MPD representative who picks up is not gonna have a good nights sleep.
Only ever contacted them through email, even their chat services are down most of the time.
Must be too scared to talk to us in person.

What if this is the sort of customer service i'll get in 18 months time, when i'm wanting to upgrade my handset, or trying for a new cheaper plan. IS THIS THE SERVICE I WANT TO RECEIVE?
Not picking up phones eh?
The only reason i havn't cancelled my order is because i need n900 on contract! and mpd are the only ones doing that

Maybe we should officially report mpd to bbcwatchdog

Or

You could each do the more effective thing & order with Nokia.co.uk

Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
Or

But i NEED the phone on contract, i can't get it otherwise.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
I've been trying to phone MPD for around 2 months now, since when i first placed my order.
I must have tried a few times a week, 3-4 times maybe.
Not once ever got a line through.
That's funny - I've got through to them very quickly by phone (4/5 rings - admittedly mid-morning) and also via webchat (which is flaky but usually has a real, helpful person on the other end). But despite decent customer service experience I've cancelled my order (2 orders in fact) & gone with nokia shop directly cos I don't trust MPD or anyone else to deliver this side of Christmas

Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
Or

That would be the most effective thing. I would only consider this though if they pushed the date back again - while other retailers were delivering.

Originally Posted by spanner View Post
That's funny - I've got through to them very quickly by phone (4/5 rings - admittedly mid-morning) and also via webchat (which is flaky but usually has a real, helpful person on the other end). But despite decent customer service experience I've cancelled my order (2 orders in fact) & gone with nokia shop directly cos I don't trust MPD or anyone else to deliver this side of Christmas
I suppose the time i phone every day is around 4 pm , the time i get back from school