Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Since this is the same workaround as mine for qwerty, I think you should post it in the corresponding Github issue (you can reuse the same formatting) for later reference.
I will wait for Fellfrosch to confirm the beta state working, then "publish" in Git issue.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
nor any videos in Microtube, LLSVideoPlayer, Pico Player and Meda Player. Can any of you confirm these apps work correctly for you?
- µtube crashes in any attempt to play.
- LLs plays local files and 720p youtube stuff with awkwardly long wait before videos start.
- pico player plays the things i downloaded with youtube-dl correctly
- Playing back recorded videos in the cam app fia left swipe is totally wonky. sometimes it starts to play, sometimes i get blck screen, sometimes it utterly stutters.
- mobile youtube in sailfish browser does work however.

So, not at all flawless as i falsely wrote.
I only tested to few methods.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-22 at 14:13.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I created a new thread for SFOS on Pro¹, would be great if a moderator could move all the SFOS stuff in the last few pages there.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Not sure if this was posted already, nothing new in this review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3m...ature=youtu.be

x

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
https://www.reddit.com/r/fossdroid/c...own_superuser/

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Urm, OK...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
https://www.androidauthority.com/fxt...review-960653/
This review really hurts, I hope Chen and team took this feedback seriously. Some of the things can't be fixed like curved screen but software faults? Did they get a faulty unit?
According to Chen there were two software updates since I have received my phone. The latest should be QX1000_EEA-201912101513158_20191210-1516

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
https://www.androidauthority.com/fxt...review-960653/
This review really hurts, I hope Chen and team took this feedback seriously. Some of the things can't be fixed like curved screen but software faults? Did they get a faulty unit?
IDK this review just sounds like someone who doesn't care for the phone at all being forced to review it or something... They didn't even give it a honest chance and knock it down for minor software issues that will probably be fixed soon.

I have the phone and it's absolutely excelllent. Don't be deterred by this bullcrap. The phone should wake up from keypresses tho, but this is minor and software... We can fix software .

But seriously if you want a keyboard on your android thing, the phone is great. (edit: or lineage, sailfish, w/e)

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
The review must have been made with a prototype for sure. All the negative points he noted are not from the actual real device. It really seems he did not wanted to do the review. Maybe he was waiting for a payment or something...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
The review must have been made with a prototype for sure. All the negative points he noted are not from the actual real device. It really seems he did not wanted to do the review. Maybe he was waiting for a payment or something...
It has the stickers covering the screws for disassembly, so it's at least a "final sample", and not a pre-production unit. Even then, with the timing being relatively late (months after production units being shipped), and this being a review and not a preview or something, I can't see this being anything but a production unit.

I think you're too fast with dismissing issues as being impossible to be from an actual device. All the issues he mentioned seem like they could happen on a production unit, they seem minor enough.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit