Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Boy, this thread is sure full of a lot of hope and not a lot of much else. Step back a bit.. are there any indications that Flash 10 will come to the N900? ...Or is everyone here just to say that they would be happy if it arrived on the N900?
http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/al...0.1-for-mobile

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxfoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The following threads have been merged into this thread:
  • "Flash Player 10.1 Firmware upgrade?" with thirty-one posts
  • "What about Flash 10?" with twenty-two posts
  • "n900 flash 10 ?" with two posts

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
Adobe announced it. Hell, it's been demoed. There's a youtube video. Look it up.
So then, my question then becomes, first, "why isn't it released then?" Is it still being tested or something? Did they promise it would come out or will it never see the light of day?

My next question is then, "why is everyone bellyaching over it so much?" If it's been pretty much promised and it's being tweaked or tested, then why grumble? The N900 only JUST came out, give it time.

I guess I'm just a little confused by all the fuss.

I'd love to see this update, but I don't think it will be released on the N900. It's too much of a selling point for future devices. Luckily we should have a few years before Flash 10+ is required on the majority of sites.

Originally Posted by Jeffgrado View Post
I'd love to see this update, but I don't think it will be released on the N900. It's too much of a selling point for future devices. Luckily we should have a few years before Flash 10+ is required on the majority of sites.
You forget that the N900 is a very hacker-friendly device... If Nokia doesn't release it officially (which I think they will anyhow), someone else will make an unofficial patch.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Go to Adobe flash 10.1 forum.
http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/flashplayer10/
I started a thread asking when we can we expect it for N900 and it goes unanswered, It's on page 3. Chime in there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Go to Adobe flash 10.1 forum.
http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/flashplayer10/
I started a thread asking when we can we expect it for N900 and it goes unanswered, It's on page 3. Chime in there.
That was an excellent move. Thank you VERY much!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
why isn't it released then?
Because Adobe didn't release/isn't releasing the final verson of Flash 10 to manufacturers until Q1 2010. Following that, Nokia needs to do testing and integration.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
I was up at Adobe for a partner summit last week and got to speak to the Flash on devices guys.

Naturally I asked where I could obtain the 10.1 beta for testing, since there was discussion about availability for testing on other handhelds, and the response was that yes it does exist and will be coming to the N900, but it is up to Nokia to release it as part of a future firmware update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to konfoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by konfoo View Post
but it is up to Nokia to release it as part of a future firmware update.
Aww poo. And they'd probably wait to the next PR update.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update