Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by firstknight View Post
How you do that?? Pls teach me step by step... me noob to this... dun even understand...
Try this link.

I hope it works.

dos2unix utility converts files by replacing CR and LF characters to only LF.

CR : carriage return character.
LF: line feed character

Those characters are added at the end of every text lines and they are hidden (not displayed on the monitor)

thanks.... it worked....

i think its still kinda little confusing... all i know that it just change character to LF... but no idea how this CR happens...

So much time away, I have been working on my new job in Sureal Studios, my dream came true sorry for the time away

I'm impress with all this, even a DEB soon maybe they will upload it to the extras devel or something

I'm very very extremely happy that I have contribuited with all of you

And even better, you all will be very pleased to know that in my time away, I had optimized even more the script, but it is experimental right know because I have to wait for 48hrs for the memory fragmentation to began to mess with the speed of the phone, and well.. Every 2 or 3 days is when I can test every script, so... It is a tedious work, but with some luck we will have our N900 running FOREVER!

The Following User Says Thank You to JorgeFX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
Hi everyone this time I'm posting what I think is a possible SOLUTION to the anoying problem the Nokia N900 has after 2, 3 or 4 days of continuos use causing the device to slows down till a point we just have to reboot.

I wrote a script the refresh several processes like if you are rebooting your N900 but it does not reboot it or causes sudden battery drain like what happens when you reboot the N900.

Just open the X-Terminal and run as ROOT:
sh OptimizeN900

I have been testing it and updating it for several weeks and this could be the final script

Please be aware that the screen will show weird stuff but it is normal because the ALL UIs and Hildon are restarting.

Here you can see a screenshot from my own N900 running perfectly well after almost 6 days
Attachment 12334

Please tell me if that help you, I hope it does. GOD Bless You ALL!
sir can u help me for dis what should i do? wat file do i need to download? my fone become slow after 2 days running wit out reboot,,how can i fix dis

sir can u help me for dis what should i do? wat file do i need to download? my fone become slow after 2 days running wit out reboot,,how can i fix dis

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by celestine View Post
Download from the first post..

@celestine, hi, you can use the one from the first post, that is the original and the one I tested for months before releasing it. Let me know your impressions

Last edited by JorgeFX; 2010-12-09 at 18:04.

How often should this script be run?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
opn x-term and write:
root
sh /path/to/OptimizeN900

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
How often should this script be run?
The script is meant to be running only when you feel that the system is getting slow. Normally it will happen after 2 or 3 days of continuos use.

Tags
faster, reflash, refresh, script-a-brick, sell it