Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
Originally Posted by Tujutzki View Post
FB messages are implemented in the messaging app, just like in N9.
Yep, the N9 had a different kind of screen which made the low power mode / clock etz. possible. The same isnīt technically possible with Jollaīs screen, although an Android type Glance-feature might be possible.
What do you mean by "support notification"? Update notification for the app or notifications when a message is received? The latter do exist, but at least at the moment you have to have whatsapp open for them to appear.
i didn't see FB messages.. in the messages menu there is only New Message.. poor functions
and for receive whatsapp messages i need the app opened
why jolla haven't done some important app by his hand?? (like skype, whatsapp ecc..)

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
others missing or issue:
- wap connection runs alone without a user request
- in camera you cannot zoom in/out, hideous

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michdeskunk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
# Things that do not work properly so far (got it yesterday evnening and barely used it at work today, so experience not quite extensive):

1. Can't use SSH through USB, works properly through WiFi (easier than on N9, by the way);

3. pictures in Gallery do not show up: I just get the blurred wallpaper from the current ambience, unless I tap to show the Gallery menu, then trigger the pulley menu to edit the picture, then I can see it in the bottom part of the screen (or the right part if I'm in landscape);

I have had no problems using ssh either over WLAN or over USB, ever.

I have not had any gallery problems either but maybe this is realted to the bug @wout.martens reported earlier, that he qwa unable to access pictures in the gallery?

I am now on 1.0.1.12 but neither I have had problems with any of the earlier releases...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have had no problems using ssh either over WLAN or over USB, ever.

I have not had any gallery problems either but maybe this is realted to the bug @wout.martens reported earlier, that he qwa unable to access pictures in the gallery?

I am now on 1.0.1.12 but neither I have had problems with any of the earlier releases...
The issue with Gallery is definitely the same yes. It seems a number of users with the last Sailfish version are concerned, yet no all. I don't know what is wrong, I did not really get into tweaking yet.

The same applies to Play store: I know it is not officially supported, but it crashes right after I try to launch it although I followed the same guide as others (with root privileges too). I'm not alone in this case either.

As for USB ssh, could you tell me the exact way of doing it? Connecting the Jolla to my W8.1 computer did not install any driver, and regardless of whether I use "Developer" or "Connection" USB mode, enable the ssh remote access in Developer Mode settings, and try to connect from Filezilla using nemo/password on the given IP, I get a time out error. Works flawlessly when tryng to ssh over WiFI through Filezilla sftp.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
i didn't see FB messages.. in the messages menu there is only New Message..
When you choose the New Message and type in the contact you want to send the message to, it shows the accounts/phone numbers of that person. Then you can choose how to send the message. Later on, when you have the conversation showing in the message app, you can change the way you send the message easily in the conversation itself (press the FB/message/etc. button on the right).

The Following User Says Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Setting up an alarm in the clock application works as expected and the alarm rings at the correct time. The problem is in the overview screen where all the alarms are displayed, the time of all the alarms is advanced by one hour.

I have switched on the Automatic Update setting for Date/time at some point so I thought this might be related. When I disabled automatic update for date/time the phone has changed my timezone to Finland/Helsinki.

I was expecting that changing it back to the correct timezone (GMT) should fix the 1hr offset in the alarm display. This did not have an effect since the timezone is now correct but all the alarms are still displayed as 1hr later in the overview screen.

Another piece of info: While the Automatic update for date/time was on i have done a SW upgrade from ver 1.0.1.11 to 1.0.1.12. I am not sure if this upgrade is at all related.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
As for USB ssh, could you tell me the exact way of doing it? Connecting the Jolla to my W8.1 computer did not install any driver, and regardless of whether I use "Developer" or "Connection" USB mode, enable the ssh remote access in Developer Mode settings, and try to connect from Filezilla using nemo/password on the given IP, I get a time out error. Works flawlessly when tryng to ssh over WiFI through Filezilla sftp.
I'd say the problem is there, underlined in cursive red

I cannot say for myself as I dont have any Windowsies, but I have been told that to get USB networking to run on those you'd need to install NDIS drivers...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I'm having some difficulties with the 3g internet connection.

I'm with Vodafone UK, and had to manually enter the APN settings. This led to the cellular internet working. After a while this has gotten disconnected and can't get reconnected.
This sounds like Vodafone's fault. You should ask them to push a configuration SMS to your phone. Normally this is done automatically when you put a SIM into a phone, but Vodafone didn't do this apparently for some reason (maybe because it's not a device sold by them?).
Normally you never have to enter APN settings manually.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'd say the problem is there, underlined in cursive red

I cannot say for myself as I dont have any Windowsies, but I have been told that to get USB networking to run on those you'd need to install NDIS drivers...
Thanks. Indeed that was what I was worried about. As stated, connecting the N9 did install a driver, but nothing happens with the Jolla.

In case anybody knows what I should do (apart from throwing Windows by the window and installing Linux; I already do that on a regular basis but always end up reinstalling Windows for a few softwares that have no proper replacement (not as good)), please, don't hesitate.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Germany
Anyone having problems with Google Talk and XMPP over mobile data?

I cannot reconnect after sometime.

I get this error on dbus:

Code:
signal sender=:1.62 -> dest=(null destination) serial=1641 path=/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/gmail_2ecom_xxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx; interface=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection; member=ConnectionError
   string "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NetworkError"
   array [
      dict entry(
         string "debug-message"
         variant             string "G_IO_ERROR_FAILED (#0): Error receiving data: Connection reset by peer"
      )
   ]
error sender=:1.62 -> dest=:1.51 error_name=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.Disconnected reply_serial=853
   string "Disconnected before blocked contacts were retrieved"
Now my question is, if this is a bug in sailfish or if my mobile operator is blocking xmpp because over wifi I have no problems.