Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by stenny View Post
that's probably because it doesn't.

however, www.elop.org is truly hilarious.
No speaky the English?

s+t+a+b = stab in English.

Why so serious?

Originally Posted by stenny View Post
www.elop.org is truly hilarious.

elop, the gay lunatic!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No speaky the English?

s+t+a+b = stab in English.

Why so serious?
I speak english natively.

Why so lameattemptsathumor?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Thessaloniki Greece
What do you believe will happen with Qt? Maybe the Nokia will sell it and Trolltech is back again?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by crabsody View Post
What do you believe will happen with Qt? Maybe the Nokia will sell it and Trolltech is back again?
Nah. M$ wants Qt dead. Nokia will obey. No doubt that was part of the 'partnership' deal.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Nah. M$ wants Qt dead. Nokia will obey. No doubt that was part of the 'partnership' deal.
I hope that KDE will fork it and integrate kdelibs into it.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Can anyone read the Nokia PR with a straight face?

I see Elop saying that Meego is now tasked with "future disruption in the mobile ecosystem.” I have to ask, don't the people at Nokia know that Disruptive Technologies are supposed to disrupt the market and competitors, not your own company? It seems Nokia continually proves its expertise in Self-Disruptive Smartphone Technology.

Then I see that when you go to Nokia.com, you're greeted with with a screen-wide banner proclaiming, "Nokia + Microsoft. Here we go!" After the abandonment of Maemo, hooking up with Intel, then essentially dumping MeeGo, can anyone read this with a straight face and not think, "Nokia + Microsoft. Here we go again!"

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Can anyone read the Nokia PR with a straight face?
No.

All this marketing bull.

Instead of cooperating with every looser out there (symbian foundation, intel, whatever) they should just have cleaned their house, hiring some good engineers and make maemo 6.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Thanks Rugoz.

It is bull - and it seems that the effect of the Maemo->MeeGo move was to kill Maemo's future potential. However, with any hopes pinned on MeeGo finally squashed, people who do like the n900/Maemo can focus on getting a community release for Maemo off the ground? From what I have seen of MeeGo (which in terms of anything working beyond a development/demo release on either handset or netbook is nothing), there has been no improvement over what was achieved with Maemo - so it would be nice if this work could continue and hopefully salvage some of the hard work people have put into this over the past few years, alongside any of the work done on the handset side of MeeGo so far.

If I were choosing an OpenSource platform for the n900, from what I have seen, I'd go with Maemo rather than MeeGo - and for the netbook I do choose Unity rather than MeeGo. Losing MeeGo is no loss at all from what I can see. Losing Nokia is a bigger deal, as that only leaves one viable device for real Linux - the n900.

Mish.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
I just dont understand how Nokia can put themselves in a position where their main differentiation now is hardware related. Their hardware has always been light-years behind the competition. If Samsung decides to go WP7 with even just a few devices, Nokia will be in a world of hurt.(Then they will finally know how their customers feel )

Edit: I know Samsung has WP7 models, but its far from what they are capable of. Im talkin, if they release serious WP7 devices.
Debian

Last edited by Ele-Mental; 2011-02-12 at 02:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ele-Mental For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org