This thread got kind of confusing, so how do I safely install patchmanager after the jolla update?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
- Disable all your patches
- Disable lipstick
- Remove manually all related patchmanager packages (search for "patch" in warehouse, they will all be listed there), You have to remove them manually because of dependencies issues, see previous pages for details.
- Do your update
- Reinstall patchmanager + base/advanced patches from warehouse. Patched lipstick is not needed anymore

done!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Shame about the things that dont work anymore.
But... Keep the good things coming!!

Last edited by dmelamet; 2014-06-10 at 19:13.

I had some issues removing pandora-eventview-controls-0.1-1.armv7hl manually because of already missing /sbin/patchmanager after the update.
The following workaround solved the issue:

touch /sbin/patchmanager
chmod a+x /sbin/patchmanager
rpm -e pandora-eventview-controls-0.1-1.armv7hl
rm /sbin/patchmanager

Cheers and thanks,

Chris

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I kinda messed up with Patchmanager and the last os update. When the os update came, I didn't recognize the new version of patchmanager. So I thought first to disable openrepos repositories and then unapply patches and remove patchmanager stuff and update os and then install patchmanager again.

But. After disabling openrepos, patchmanager disappeared from launcher and I had to re-enable the repo and install new versions of patchmanager and patches (without manually uninstalling the previous version) just to unapply patches. But obviously I couldn't disable lipstick from the new version. After that I disabled the repo again and updated the os. Good thing is that the system is working, so no panic. But patchmanager looks like little bit messed up, because there is like same patches listed many times and so on (I can post a screenshot if needed). And homescreen restarting worked at the first time after update, but doesn't work anymore.

So, my question is, how to make a clean uninstall and reinstall in this state? Is there something mess with lipstick and pandora? Or the old version? Thank you.

Last edited by Koiruus; 2014-06-12 at 06:29.

damnit... i already see myself bricking my phone sooner or later... still i just can't stop trying this stuff

nice job!

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I kinda messed up with Patchmanager and the last os update. When the os update came, I didn't recognize the new version of patchmanager. So I thought first to disable openrepos repositories and then unapply patches and remove patchmanager stuff and update os and then install patchmanager again.

So, my question is, how to make a clean uninstall and reinstall in this state? Is there something mess with lipstick and pandora? Or the old version? Thank you.
Update did remove the now useless pandora. To clean everything, please do:

Code:
pkcon remove patchmanager

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Nice, thank you. Everything looks normal now. And homescreen restarting works.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Looks like after apply patch controll center in ambience don't work both side swipes... on update 7..

IMHO good move to new principle without pandora ..

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
I must say that I was a bit reluctant to install Patch Manager but after doing so and activating Control Center in the Notification area and Swipe feedback I have to admit that those patches are wonderful! The whole installation process is very easy and patches are done in a very elegant and seamless (stock looking) way.

Keep up the great work that makes Sailfish OS even better!

Best regards,
Maciej Krupa

Last edited by breakdafunk; 2014-06-13 at 09:58.

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os