Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
emoji keyboard is out at openrepos.net anyone has tried it?
yes it works.

And now for all the colemak users out there.

Colemak layout by notconfusing here

I downloaded the hebrew layout by Schturman but as he reports, just the 'no glyphs' squares...

Any way of adding a Hebrew font to the system fonts?

The Following User Says Thank You to Keeper of the Keys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I also tried Arabic of MSameer, but same result.. I can't see this languages in native app (mail, sms, Mitakuuluu etc...)
Very interesting in solution

Guys someone know how to disable Auto-capitalization in qml file ?
Finally I got hebrew to work, but I need some small improvements like disable Auto-capitalization and adding RTL, that when you start to type, it will start from right to left and not like I have it now.
I already tried to add autocapitalization: false to each CharacterKey but vkb stop to work...

Please, someone can explain me how to do it ?

P.S. Also , why it looks so small, can I increase size somehow ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-01-22 at 16:51.

Here is 3 variations of Hebrew vkb

Thanks to cstom for examples of 4 arrows and 2 arrows+toggle.

1. Hebrew vkb with 4 arrows will install only hebrew with 4 arrows.
2. Hebrew vkb with 2 arrows & toggle (En-He) will install hebrew with 2 arrows and toggle for fast switching between English and Hebrew (included a little edited english vkb).
3. Hebrew vkb with 2 arrows & toggle (En-He-Ru) will install hebrew with 2 arrows and toggle for switching between English, Hebrew & Russian (included a little edited English & Russian vkb).

In the version 1 & 2 you will see only English and Hebrew, all other languages is hidden.
In the version 3 you will see English,Hebrew and Russian, all other languages is hidden.

Installation will override some system files. Uninstallation will restore all original files.

Beware, use it on your own risk !!!

Files for manual installation with full explanation how to install in README file (included in zip).
Download all needed file in ZIP

Changelog:

v0.4
* Fixed applying font

v0.2
* Fixed applying font

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-02-02 at 23:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Guys someone know how to disable Auto-capitalization in qml file ?
Finally I got hebrew to work, but I need some small improvements like disable Auto-capitalization and adding RTL, that when you start to type, it will start from right to left and not like I have it now.
I already tried to add autocapitalization: false to each CharacterKey but vkb stop to work...

Please, someone can explain me how to do it ?
Standard keyboard layouts expect that you have always caption, shiftedCaption and if you have symView defined it expects symView2 also. You can bypass these restrictions by copying CharacterKey.qml and creating own version of it which implements exactly what you need for Hebrew keyboard.

Popper may also cause unwanted issues with custom keyboards not having all layers of characters and symbols in it.

Be warned that messing with layouts.conf may break software updates (SSU). Jolla should creates a method how to select which keyboards are available in selection list and officially support third party keyboard layouts. Until then you should create you own keyboard specific .conf file to layouts directory and live with all those languages in the list. You can however define same keyboards even multiple times and thus list you favorite ones easily accessible in the beginning on keyboard list before the system list.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-01-22 at 17:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Thanks for pointing me about SSU, I can restore original one before system update.
I will try to play with CharacterKey.qml..
Also I like the option of shift, in this case I can use hebrew and english without switching vkb, but I need to cancel auto-capitalization if it passable.

P.S. I updated my previous post and reuploaded zip with updated README file.

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-01-22 at 18:13.

Ok, tried to play a few hours with many files, but without success

this is a ShiftKey.qml file, if it possible to disable here auto-capitalization ?
Code:
import QtQuick 2.0
import com.jolla.keyboard 1.0
import Sailfish.Silica 1.0

FunctionKey {
    id: shiftKey

property int _charactersWhenPressed
    property bool _quickPicking

width: shiftKeyWidth
    icon.source: attributes.inSymView ? ""
                                      : (attributes.isShifted && !attributes.isShiftLocked ? "image://theme/icon-m-autocaps"
                                                                                           : "image://theme/icon-m-capslock")
                                      + (pressed ? ("?" + Theme.highlightColor) : "")

// dim normal shift mode
    icon.opacity: (!attributes.inSymView && !attributes.isShiftLocked && !attributes.isShifted) ? 0.2 : 1.0
    caption: attributes.inSymView ? (attributes.inSymView2 ? "2/2" : "1/2") : ""
    key: Qt.Key_Shift
    keyType: KeyType.ShiftKey

onPressedChanged: {
        if (!keyboard.inSymView) {
            if (pressed && !keyboard.isShifted && keyboard.lastInitialKey === shiftKey) {
                _quickPicking = true
                keyboard.shiftState = ShiftState.LatchedShift
            } else {
                _quickPicking = false
            }

_charactersWhenPressed = keyboard.characterKeyCounter
            keyboard.shiftKeyPressed = pressed
            keyboard.updatePopper()
        }
    }

onClicked: {
        if (keyboard.characterKeyCounter > _charactersWhenPressed) {
            keyboard.shiftState = ShiftState.NoShift
        } else if (!_quickPicking) {
            if (keyboard.inSymView) {
                keyboard.inSymView2 = !keyboard.inSymView2
            } else {
                keyboard.cycleShift()
            }
        }
    }
}
Thanks

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Be warned that messing with layouts.conf may break software updates (SSU). Jolla should creates a method how to select which keyboards are available in selection list and officially support third party keyboard layouts. Until then you should create you own keyboard specific .conf file to layouts directory and live with all those languages in the list. You can however define same keyboards even multiple times and thus list you favorite ones easily accessible in the beginning on keyboard list before the system list.
I guess this is not certain, as the previous update just overwrote all changed files (including my custom Popper