Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by setter View Post
fMobi is on Nokia Store for Symbian but he hasn't been able to get it back for MeeGo. Nokia took away the apps after people has complained of the function. You can use a web address from PC to sign in for fMobi and after that it's woork. I posted that link in the fMobi thread.

Edit:
MeeGo users should authorize via this link http://on.fb.me/10UprXy (via pc) and then login to fMobi.
Isn't it possible to complain to Nokia?
What is the meaning to remove an app we have paid for without warning etc. It's theft at bright daylight!
You are right the app is still in store for Symbian!

NB. Using your link more than once need log off your FB account at first on PC. Then you can try again - but unfortunately trying once more didn't help in my case

Last edited by Garp; 2013-07-03 at 11:25.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Isn't it possible to complain to Nokia?
Of course you can! Write them a pm at facebook

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
Hi!

There is a workaround for the login error - found on Facebook site of fmobi.

When You start the app and get the Facebook login screen, you have to disable the internet connection before the error appears. Then enter your credentials, connect to internet and submit the login.

After successful login, be sure to disable the "logout on exit" function in Fmobi, if enabled

Best regards,

Jaracz

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaracz For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=Jaracz;1365013]Hi!

When You start the app and get the Facebook login screen, you have to disable the internet connection before the error appears.
QUOTE]

How to be able to manage that - you have less than a second to swift of the internet connection before error appears!?

Have you managed that?

Edit: OK I managed after several attempts, and now I'm in and it works, but don't know how long!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-08-05 at 12:06.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Austria
[QUOTE=Garp;1365025]
Originally Posted by Jaracz View Post
Hi!

When You start the app and get the Facebook login screen, you have to disable the internet connection before the error appears.
QUOTE]

How to be able to manage that - you have less than a second to swift of the internet connection before error appears!?

Have you managed that?
Hi!

Try to switch to flight-mode.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Hi!

There is a workaround for the login error - found on Facebook site of fmobi.

When You start the app and get the Facebook login screen, you have to disable the internet connection before the error appears. Then enter your credentials, connect to internet and submit the login.

After successful login, be sure to disable the "logout on exit" function in Fmobi, if enabled

Best regards,

Jaracz
Trust me, that method which is also on Jiiku's website and elsewhere, is a fairly old workaround, which worked against the problem I reported back in February. However it does not appear to fix the more recent problem on the N9 that has prevented its use since May. And the author, who happily took my money, seems uninterested in answering any questions about it since about May 7th, either in public forums or in private email.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Trust me, that method which is also on Jiiku's website and elsewhere, is a fairly old workaround, which worked against the problem I reported back in February. However it does not appear to fix the more recent problem on the N9 that has prevented its use since May. And the author, who happily took my money, seems uninterested in answering any questions about it since about May 7th, either in public forums or in private email.
Trust me, I've tested the method before posting it here, and it works for me.

And Garp confirms that it also worked for him. So I think, no more, no less - that it simply works.

Best regards,

Jaracz

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaracz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London

And Garp confirms that it also worked for him. So I think, no more, no less - that it simply works.

Best regards,

Jaracz
Perhaps I should have said "It doesn't work for me"

Best regards,

Jaracz
Just one question Jaracz: Did it work for you by just catch the login screen before error pops up or did you made other procedures so as closing your FB on PC etc?

Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Just one question Jaracz: Did it work for you by just catch the login screen before error pops up or did you made other procedures so as closing your FB on PC etc?
Hi Garp,

I haven't made any other steps. I just closed my internet connection before the errors came. Then I logged in, and gave all permissions I've been asked for (everything in fmobi-App, not on my PC).

Best regards,

Jaracz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaracz For This Useful Post: