Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
Hi,

I love the maemo version of mnemosyne, looks great and is useful for making use of public transit time. I am using it on my n800. There may be an obvious answer, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to scroll text in the in the answer box if it exceeds the space there. Many of my cards have longer answers/explanations that exceed the space in the answer box. One way around it is to decrease the font size, but it seems like there should be a way to scroll the text when it doesn't fit in the box. I can scroll and see all the text if I enter edit mode. Thanks.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Minsk
Hi, salinmooch!

Yes, decreasing font size is not a good idea.
I think, it is necessary to add Scrolled widget into answer and question area. I'll try to fix this bug.

Also, I glad to inform, that "Mnemosyn for Maemo" for N900 will be available very soon. Now, I am testing app, fixing some bugs. It looks easier and nice

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
Great! I look forward to the fix. Thanks for a great app.

Originally Posted by plastun View Post
Hi, salinmooch!

Yes, decreasing font size is not a good idea.
I think, it is necessary to add Scrolled widget into answer and question area. I'll try to fix this bug.

Also, I glad to inform, that "Mnemosyn for Maemo" for N900 will be available very soon. Now, I am testing app, fixing some bugs. It looks easier and nice

Hello!
I glad to announce, that 'Mnemosyne for Maemo' available for N900 from extras-devel reposotiry. It's not so stable, but

Looking forward for your comments!

I've just installed the n900 version and played around with it for few minutes.

Great Job! Looks really promising and I had no problem with dependencies or stability so far.

Few quick observations:

I had some problems with sound cards. When I create one, the sound is not played when the card is shown. Changing
Code:
<snd src=/path/file.wav>
to
Code:
<sound src="/path/file.wav">
in the edit mode helped and now it works, but it has to be changed for each card.

When I create a card the question can be either sound or text. Is it possible to have both in the same time (to see the word and hear the sound)? In the sound card the background of the question box is black with a sound icon and I cannot see the text I put in the edit mode.

Cards with images seem to work but if the image is too big it is not scaled, vertically it slides fine, horizontally sliding is blocked.

Originally Posted by plastun View Post
Hello!
I glad to announce, that 'Mnemosyne for Maemo' available for N900 from extras-devel reposotiry. It's not so stable, but

Looking forward for your comments!
Haven't yet tried either in practise, but how FullRecall and Mnemosyne differ or are alike?

I'm happily using version 2.0.0 beta 1 rc5

Feels like it it should be closer to gold than beta 1 - great job. The import worked well ( I used xml files).

Scrolling seems to work

It might be nice to have a slightly different colour or space for 0 and 1 to show that they are different (like the desktop version)

Eventually it would be nice for a sync (I see it coming) or export function. I don't know if that could be linked into the central site...

Thanks!

Thanks!
I'll try to improve program view, but our designer is very busy man
I'm going to fix some bugs with media (sound and image) cards and release rc6. When our designer updates UI, I will release rc7. After that it will be global testing period and beta11 will come.
After beta11 I'm going to merge Mnemosyne upstream, this work will also include sync part.

Hello again!
Our team has released 'Mnemosyne for Maemo' ver.2 beta11!
There are some small UI bags, we will fix it and upload application to Extras repository very soon!

Good news! We ready to upload 'Mnemosyne for Maemo' to Fremantle-extras repository, but we need some help from you: please, vote for these packages to speed up promotion:
1) http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....0~beta13~rc1/
2) http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../2.0.0-16~rc7/

Thank you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plastun For This Useful Post: