Active Topics

Notices

i am also interested about carman.
i sent those guys an email a few weeks ago to see if they plan to make carman for N900 but unfortunately they didn't reply.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I would Love to see this as well. I just got ScanXL for my Laptop, but N900 would be way cooler!

ye if we somehow could get a developer to try it out and get it in extra-devel i would love to test and give feedback

I had carman on my Nokia 770 and it rocked. (that's the reason I bought the bluetooth OBD II )
Now my 770 is dead so I am desperately waiting for more news.

The Following User Says Thank You to p900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
well source code is out there, just waiting for someone to compile for N900. After that I think Carman needs a bit of development to include google maps. the tracking feature is fine and maybe a boost gauge for cars with turbo/supercharger and a few more themes.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
If I get some time today I'll try doing a maemo5 build,. though I don't have an N900 to test on. I've also let my buddy know as he's an awesome developer and was asking about OBDII stuff the other day for his N900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
If I get some time today I'll try doing a maemo5 build,. though I don't have an N900 to test on. I've also let my buddy know as he's an awesome developer and was asking about OBDII stuff the other day for his N900...
Bless you my Son!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I am happy to step forward as a tester for you.

I think one of the dependencies that gives the biggest problem is Python on original 0.7 version and pymaemo.

even getting the 386 deb was difficult to get running on my debian machine. now I just run nGhost. http://wiki.openice.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Mississauga, ON
Going to check out if carman builds and run in the N900 tonight... let you guys know the status

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
okay cool Spenc3 looking forward to that