Notices

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ israel
I am searching for an Oscilloscope, and I saw there is alot of application to anrdroid but not to maemo.

I am search for an application for my old n900, but I didn't find one
there is a way that i can turn my n900 to Oscilloscope?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elyoni For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
There are two that sort-of fit the purpose, Ironcope and osc. Both designed originally as pretty visual effects for audio playback. The former is a home screen widget, rather small but can show the stereo waveform. The latter is full-screen but with a rather confusing interface and the waveform it draws is a bit too decorative to be of actual use, but it does give some idea.

I wanted to grab the source of osc and adapt it for a proper use as an oscilloscope but it is in the non-free section, i.e. without source code. Another option is to take Ironcope and turn it from a widget to a full-screen app. That is something I might still do but, with my current lifestyle, it might take a few months if not a whole year.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Maybe linking a switchable band converter to a bluetooth audio device would produce a useful receiver gadget, I have wanted to make something like this for years as I like to play with radios. The problem though has always been bandwidth.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Bandwith is limited to something about 1-2 Mhz? Quite unusable for something else then displaying sinewaves. But would be great if something geeky like this will come up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post: