Notices

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Perhaps I should have said "It doesn't work for me"
OK then I will in detail decribe what I did, because I'm not quite sure what was working for me this time:
1) tried to catch login in screen before error pops up by closing net connection 3 times - no luck!
2) tried again the procedure from @setter (#4 this thread) after closing FB on PC - no luck!
3) still closing FB on PC I removed FB account on N9 and tried open fmobi - no luck!

4) still closed FB on PC, open the FB account on N9 (not establish share or chat and contacts) net connected when asked and quick started fmobi, closed net, and then I succeded in catching the FB login screen, keyed in credentials and push login, the error screen pops up for a second and then wupti I'm in and everything are working fine! (Established share and chat/contacts on FB account without problems)

Last edited by Garp; 2013-08-05 at 13:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I can't get this to work mainly because i cannot urn of internet connection quick enough.
However the facebook mobile web page works well on the N9 so i just bookmarked that on my Home Page.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
just did it as written in post #13 and it works... I did it by unlocking the SIM tray and keeping it pressed with finger until the moment login screen appeared - then let it go and it goes offline... phone will keep switching You to the "select network" screen, so go to settings -> internet connection -> int.conn OFF, then enter the credentials, put the SIM tray in, set int.conn. ON, and tap login...

EDIT: ... and don't forget to disable "logout on exit" in settings

[tw] @kegnatz

Last edited by Zelig; 2013-08-29 at 15:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
I made it in an easy way
Flight mode and then connect to my wlan. When the login screen comes up I just shutdown the router and then entered the info and press login and then started up the router again.

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by setter View Post
I made it in an easy way
Flight mode and then connect to my wlan. When the login screen comes up I just shutdown the router and then entered the info and press login and then started up the router again.
After 2 months of connection again same problem

But even better work-around (my cable-router reaction too slow!):
Connect to internet via Mobile Net, start fMobi, when login screen shows up disconnect the SIM card by open up SIMcard door/cover!
Key-in info press login and press SIMcard in again and connect to net by Wifi or Mobile net!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-10-08 at 11:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
it's not as outdated as the original Facebook application but enough old to not replace it. it cannot handle attachments, previews stickers

The Following User Says Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
In the mean time fb java app works great ;

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
In the mean time fb java app works great ;
please tell me where can i find that java version.

I know this is an old thread, but I cannot start a new one.

Recently the java app stopped working, as well as the official one in both Symbian and MeeGo, and I was wondering if we could bring back fmobi and fchat in both OSs.

Are there any developers that can contact Juuso Kosonen, the developer of these apps?

I found this email address, but I am not sure if it is still valid.

juuson@gmail.com

With some workaround with the GRAPH API for Facebook, there might be a chance to make them work again!