Active Topics

Notices

Hi,
My 770 occasionally locks up, requiring a hard reboot or removing the battery. Is there a system tray app (you know, the thing at the top of the screen) that one can use to end a program that is locking up the 770?

thanks,
Neil

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Florida
Originally Posted by nspeer View Post
Hi,
My 770 occasionally locks up, requiring a hard reboot or removing the battery. Is there a system tray app (you know, the thing at the top of the screen) that one can use to end a program that is locking up the 770?

thanks,
Neil
Not sure its compatible with the 770 but I have something called "load-applet" on my 810. It has a process list option on its menu which is really handy for doing exactly that!

Can't remember where I got it right now .. hang on ...

... well, WhattaYaKnow ...

here is a link to a 770 version!
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=18&release_id=51

... maintainer contact: Jakub Pavelek <jpavelek@welho.com>

Hope that does the trick!

Ken

Thanks for your suggestion. I already have load-applet-run installed. However, all I can see that it does is show me icons of cpu use and memory use. I don't understand how one uses it to shut down a program that is causing a lock-up.

Help please!
Neil

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by nspeer View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. I already have load-applet-run installed. However, all I can see that it does is show me icons of cpu use and memory use. I don't understand how one uses it to shut down a program that is causing a lock-up.

Help please!
Neil
Maybe the 770 version is way older than the chinook version?

I use load-applet on OS2008 and it has a option to list processes and kill them.

Probably osso-statusbar-cpu has an option to kill but it's killing option is seriously lacking.