Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Eh no, rubber gloves wouldn't work on resistive screen as they do on N900!
Ahhh, the good old pressure sensitive screen...
You probably mean rubber gloves wouldn't work on capacitive screen as they do on the resistive screen of N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
You probably mean rubber gloves wouldn't work on capacitive screen as they do on the resistive screen of N900.
Yes..haem...well...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Yes..haem...well...
It seems that nitrile gloves do work on a capacitive screen, which I learned in a somewhat stomach-churning lesson.

I needed a serious main drain cleaning (in my house) and the plumbers came with both a high pressure water-jet cleaning snake and a "see snake" camera that can be dropped down the sewer to see what's up. The "See Snake" device required an app to control it, and the plumber's assistant was able to use the app on his cell phone -- the same Samsung device he used to make calls -- while wearing the nitrile gloves that protected his hands (but not his face!!) from the sewage on the snake cable.

So, ya, just stop and think about touching your capacitve screen with the gloved hand that's been handling the sewage-befouled cable of a sewer camera . . .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Clove Technology have now said they are expecting stock in on Dec 12. There's no info on how many orders they have taken. But I don't think I'll see mine before Christmas.
I'd be quite annoyed if some third-party store gets devices before pre-orders to be honest. At least, if the third party gets devices before pre-orders from F(x)tec that placed them earlier than when people could buy it from that third party. And Dec 12 seems incredibly optimistic.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
It seems that nitrile gloves do work on a capacitive screen, which I learned in a somewhat stomach-churning lesson.
Yep. Nitrile gloves, even quite thick, heavy duty gloves seem to work nicely on capacitive screen. Plus with Pro1 hwkb obviously.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
There are almost all kinds of gloves at my work place, latex, nitrile, vinyle, if anyone wants confirmation of what works with capacitive screens. Not sure the test would be very useful though, as in the vast majority of cases, I'm sure we're not supposed to use our phones when wearing lab gloves. :>

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
In any case, it is shaping up nicely. Sure, it will take some time before everyone has a Proš, but the most important is to see signs that the company is doing good and not struggling with funding issues. Continuous batches is a very good sign.
IDK how promising small successive batches are. Curious to know how many total orders there are, but it doesn't look like that many. They need more press coverage to stir up sales but it looks like their hands are full right now... And they missed black Friday and the holiday shopping season too which cant be good for business
What a rocky start.

I hope the whole team is working double overtime to get out of this production hell. They're burning daylight and the world of tech doesn't slow down for anyone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
IDK how promising small successive batches are. Curious to know how many total orders there are, but it doesn't look like that many. They need more press coverage to stir up sales but it looks like their hands are full right now... And they missed black Friday and the holiday shopping season too which cant be good for business
What a rocky start.

I hope the whole team is working double overtime to get out of this production hell. They're burning daylight and the world of tech doesn't slow down for anyone
I don't think those holiday sales mean much for them right now. It is not mass market device to follow market tendencies to start with, or we would not see QWERTY slider device at all right now. I think people don't casually go shopping for keyboard phones just for holidays. Even if they had Black Friday, what good would that do if phone can't be made significally cheaper at the moment?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Have asked for F(x) on different supliers in Finland. None have even knoen it so far .

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
I'd be quite annoyed if some third-party store gets devices before pre-orders to be honest. At least, if the third party gets devices before pre-orders from F(x)tec that placed them earlier than when people could buy it from that third party. And Dec 12 seems incredibly optimistic.
Exactly. I'd be pretty piffed if that happened to me, that's why I'm not optimistic for a pre-crimbo delivery. I didn't get the chance to pre-order, didn't have the funds at the time. I just hope the wait times are not too long for everyone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit