Notices

when I play videos with this the power saving is still on so the screen goes blank every 20 seconds or so. Are others having this same problem? I know it is meant to be an audio player but it is able to play videos as well so if it is a universal problem then it should be fixed. I also prefer using this to the built in media player since this stretches video to full screen (I hate having black bars at the side)

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
I would very much like to know this myself. To me it's useless for audiobooks at the moment, since all my audiobooks have 200+ files in them.
i am surprised 0.4 have not been pushed forward, as it have just the feature requested, and i do not recall bumping into any major bugs while using it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
when I play videos with this the power saving is still on so the screen goes blank every 20 seconds or so. Are others having this same problem? I know it is meant to be an audio player but it is able to play videos as well so if it is a universal problem then it should be fixed. I also prefer using this to the built in media player since this stretches video to full screen (I hate having black bars at the side)
Wow, I didn't even try playing video files with Panucci - especially since the built-in media player already does resuming for video files.

Feel free to open a feature request for Panucci at bugs.maemo.org, but please note that playing videos is not the primary goal of the Panucci project (so far, it's not even any kind of goal .

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by tso View Post
i am surprised 0.4 have not been pushed forward, as it have just the feature requested, and i do not recall bumping into any major bugs while using it.
Is that for Maemo 4 or Maemo 5? We're still missing the forward-porting of the Maemo 5 UI changes from the 0.3 branch to 0.4. For Maemo 4, please ask Nikosapi or mail him directly and tell him you want a new package

There's still one more week of exams to go, but maybe I have time to help out with some things in February...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
sheesh, this is developing into the need to preface each posting with what kind of N*** one is talking about...

Personally, Panucci is great aprt from the fact the sound goes when moving the n900 from landscape to portrait mode.

Scott

Originally Posted by dov View Post
1. Is it possible to load a complete directory as one "entity" - I guess that would be as a playlist? If not I guess it would be trivial to make a script that creates such a playlist, if the format is described somewhere.
Does this post from earlier in this thread help?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
sheesh, this is developing into the need to preface each posting with what kind of N*** one is talking about...
This brainstorm contains some ideas on how to fix this.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
Not sure if it I should post this here (tell me if it is better in bugtracker and i will open it there)

With Panucci 0.3.9 on N900 2.2009.51-1

When opening a podcast from gPodder v2.1-1 I see the yellow "notification thing" and it launches Panucci, put Panucci just shows the last file opened.

Python has been "optifed"(?), and Extras-testing is enabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to ymb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ymb View Post
Not sure if it I should post this here (tell me if it is better in bugtracker and i will open it there)

With Panucci 0.3.9 on N900 2.2009.51-1

When opening a podcast from gPodder v2.1-1 I see the yellow "notification thing" and it launches Panucci, put Panucci just shows the last file opened.

Python has been "optifed"(?), and Extras-testing is enabled.
This is what i am experiancing aswell, the same issue and and the same python setup.

Still great app

Tags
barbiestrsand