Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Mine went well but in the end there were errors and tried to downgrade. About 50% it gave an error, tried to reboot and now os bricked

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
end-of-call modal dialog was removed, as a feature, because it was SO FRICKEN ANNOYING

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
What's the best way to solve stuck on Sony logo. Factory reset, install android and reflash Sailfish? Need ideas. Thanks in advance

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
end-of-call modal dialog was removed, as a feature, because it was SO FRICKEN ANNOYING
Ah... but it is mentioned in Jolla's official blog post, that's why I asked. I was trying to get to it to see what it was like / how it felt. Source, if I may ask?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, the official update is the same version as the EA, so probably just promoted to final and shouldn't have anything removed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Hmm, the official update is the same version as the EA, so probably just promoted to final and shouldn't have anything removed.
My bad, I've now read the full release notes on TJC, the new pop-up dialog only appears when the other side ends the call, and I could get it to appear on my device. I misunderstood the feature and I was expecting to see it when I ended the call, too. I think it is actually a small neat feature to have, you just need to tap/scroll anywhere to make it go away, nothing too annoying (IMHO of course).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
I like the new faster unlock.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Is it just me or does 3.2 eat batteries for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

My usual pattern for the past few days. All of that without actually using the phone (J1), just background tasks such as the phone checking for emails every 30 minutes. No new apps, just a system upgrade (and patches when available):
  • Evening, around 22:00. Take the phone off the charger. Battery level 100% or very close (sometimes I take it off to plug in something else before I reach full 100%).
  • Morning, 05:30 to 07:30, depending on the day. Battery level around 75%. Put it on a charger again while I do my morning routine.
  • Mid afternoon. Battery level around 40%. Sometimes as low as 9%.

In addition, any period of no radio signal speeds up the battery drain by a factor of at least 3. I frequently move into an area where both WiFi and mobile network disappear for a while which makes it easy to notice the difference.

EDIT:
I wake up more than an hour before anyone else in my house and use the phone as an alarm clock. I used to keep it under the pillow so as not to wake up my nearest and dearest, but after an upgrade to 3.2 I very quickly learned not to do that because the phone was very hot and the battery below 50%, despite being full before I went to sleep.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is it just me or does 3.2 eat batteries for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
I don't think so, at least it does not feel like that on my device.

Luckily you don't have to take that as an opinion because I have data!
I have a script that logs battery state constantly every 10 minutes and backlog of the good stuff since October 2017

I'll plot what it looks like this evening if I can spare the time.

-- edit ---

This is what the graph looks like, this is my previous power consumption graph, from back 16 months ago; https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2603

Last edited by juiceme; 2019-11-25 at 14:35. Reason: Added data

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
For me battery life got much better on my XperiaX (better than ever) On Jolla1 I didn't recognize any difference. On the Pro1... well that's a different story

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os