Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I haven't seem the weight any where.

x

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
The specs on the Snapdragon 835 and not that bad at all.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...obile-platform

According to Chen it will be a 2.45 ghz Snapdragon 835

Last edited by ka9yhd; 2019-02-28 at 11:29.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
I don't know why people are crying due to snapdragon 835. Normally in this price you should receive SoC for medium range phones almost without GPU. 835 is maybe 2 years old but it is a flagship SoC, which is better than actual medium range SoC from this year.

I think 835 is a lot better choice than actual equivalent of 821.

Also, We should remember about work and effort to make a slider mechanism in these days. I'm sure that was over 80% of development costs.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
I don't know why people are crying due to snapdragon 835. Normally in this price you should receive SoC for medium range phones almost without GPU. 835 is maybe 2 years old but it is a flagship SoC, which is better than actual medium range SoC from this year.

I think 835 is a lot better choice than actual equivalent of 821.

Also, We should remember about work and effort to make a slider mechanism in these days. I'm sure that was over 80% of development costs.
835 was announced November 2016. Our phone will ship in July making that SOC closer to 3 years old. In tech time that's a very long time. Doesn't really matter I guess but when you're spending $650+ that's flagship money. It's tough to compare this phone to anything else because there are no other keyboards out there

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
lol while everyone is bitching about SD835, I remember at one point he was considering 600 series due to the cost. Depending on what you want to run on it, unless one runs Android (if the provided android image is treble-enabled) it should get another year of security updates, otherwise if you run something like sailfishOS then it should still be updated regardless.

Am happy with the choice (though I really prefer it to be SD845). However, I still need to figure out how much does it cost to ship to my country before deciding whether to buy one as my spare phone heh.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Ready to pay now for two units,

(funds cached for just this purpose)

as soon as is credibly demonstrated

that some kind of genuine linux distro can boot and run on this.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
You also need to think of chip availabilities for short runs, who knows what compromises chen had to make in order to get this far. It's all well and good imagining perfect unicorn devices but sooner or later the real world gets in the way.

If a slightly old SoC would put you off this device, then I guess you didn't really care that much about the keyboard, which is the whole point of the exercise.

Integrated keyboard plus decent (but not 2019 flagship) extras seems like a reasonable deal to me

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Yesterday at 22:48 CET, order Nr 5249.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
now let's give Chen some ideas on next phones

since current one is Pro, I guess there should be a not-pro, then Mini version, in size of Sony xz1 compact or so. also maybe some Plus version like 6 inch 16:9 with top hardware.

also would be good to compete with blackberry at portrait qwerty market, since not everyone enjoys all locked-up, unrootable blackberries. so it would be make analogs for Priv and Keyone/two for sure. portrait slider may come fancy with modern fashion 'slide down for front cam' and make two-way slider like nokia N95/96.

also it would be fine to have some classics reborn too, like sonyeric M600 rocker-buttons qwerty and something in clamshell design like N92/93.
Portrait slider is welcome, be it a qwerty (like Passport - I like square display and passport form factor) or a T9 (has got to survive in a jeans pocket and be easy to fish out, without breaking). Open-hardware, open-source (Kai OS? for feature phone with T9 keyboard) and durable (metal, not plastic).

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
I do have a few questions before buying it.
  1. what type of storage is it, emmc, ufs 2(.1?)
  2. what type of ram lpddr4 or lpddr4x?
  3. does the phone support widevine drm L1
  4. if it does when you unlock the bootloader, does that L1 support go away, if it does if you relock it does it come back?

I am most likely going to buy it either way, just wondering about more details.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit