Notices

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
Originally Posted by Bigv69er View Post
i have it tooo lol

the repo.. and install instructions
i have the .install file

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
how do u get hspa cos 11mbs is fast and i need that kind of speed?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by mokkey View Post
how do u get hspa cos 11mbs is fast and i need that kind of speed?
im not talkin about literrraly being 11mbps lol i wish. i can barely get 1mbps lol..
its juss when you click details about the internet connection.. it says its a 11mbps "router" ... the oldskool routers like my lynksis it says it is correct me if im wrong 54mbps ??? or is it 24?? lol some ish..

Originally Posted by mokkey View Post
what is and how do you get hspa/?
HSPA+ is basically the term for high speed 3G speeds. It's not waht you do to get it. It's the fiber connected to the back-end of the towers you connect to from your service provider. For example, TMobile has upgraded the towers in cities such as Philadelphia, Charlotte, etc.. but not Baltimore and Washington D.C. yet.

And 11 mbps is the fastest the N900 can download via these speeds because that's the fastest the cellular chip inside the N900 allows.

Edit: I think the WiFi chip might be different, not sure.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
I had trouble with Mobile Hotspot, but mainly it was due to me not being able to figure out Gnome Network Manager/Wicd with Hotspot. Now, with Joiku, Network Manager works fine, even with WEP enabled, Wicd is still a mystery.

edit: btw, I haven't seen anything better than 1.5mbps dload on T-Mo (USA) network, whether '3G' or '3.5G'

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
Originally Posted by Bigv69er View Post
i have it tooo lol

the repo.. and install instructions
hi, can i have it too please? cheers mate

Originally Posted by sgbirch View Post
I have Joiku and find it works 95% of the time. But that 5% failure means my family roll their eyes when I promise them an internet connection via my n900.

To be fair to Joiku the family views the N900 as a bit of a joke. I am considered the long suffering early adopter with my unreliable phone. My wife's Nexus One and daughter's Blackbury are viewed as the serious phones.

This reputation means that any interruption in service when using Joiku annoys the family instantly and they give up.

Would I buy Joiku again? Probably.

Would I recommend it to others? Not really.

Same answers I would give if you asked about the N900 itself.
Kind of hilarious as I would have typed almost the same thing. Only I don't have kids, and almost everyone around me is a worshipper at the cult of Apple.

I do have one major issue with it, in that I can't establish VPN links through it for some reason. When I tether the N900, no issues.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Los Angeles
I GOT MY PS3 TO WORK. OFF OF MY N900 WIFI.. its awesome i can play COD modern warfare 2 online

only prob is.. when i use joikuspot n this is always.. is it works for like 30min then i have to stop it and re establish wifi.. is this normal?? i loose connection with it every 30min.. gets too hot???

ANYWAYS.. to the good part everyone wants to know how..

1. install joikuspot or mobilehotspot.. get wifi going..
2. follow these instructions and u will be playin ps3 online with ure n900 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv8VhJXtHDY

NOTE .. you do have to run the ethernet cable between ps3 and PC.. sux but this is the only way we can do this right now. seing as to all n900 wifi programs send wifi signal as AdHoc..

i have been using it for 1 week.. and it works awesome no lagg..ive been using joikuspot

Funny how experiences can vary

Joiku crashes for me constantly... A couple of minutes of internet sharing causes my N900 to reset. I used to use Joikuspot on my N82 and it worked great there, but for the N900 it just doesn't pull it off.

Then I tried Mobile Hotspot (v0.3.3) in combination with the titan kernel (v2.6.28.10) and it works great! No problems at all here, nice speeds and my laptop can connect to it with WEP protection (using Windows 7 Home 64-bit) no problem at all. In fact, I'm typing this message through that connection!

I ran a local speedtest because I was curious about the speeds, you'll find them below. Please note this test was done through my mobile provider internet connection (3,5g, Vodafone NL). I'll try Wifi as soon as I'm home.
- Download speed: 63,8KByte/s (510 kbps)
- Upload speed: 39,8KByte/s (318kbps)
(A lot less than you American T-mobile guys I see! )

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vienna / Austria
I had Joikuspot but unfortuately I could never connect via WEP secured wireless network to my pc clients.

Now I tried Mobile Hotspot and it works very well (I have the Powerkernel installed as well).

speedtest.net shows in my client laptop connected to the N900 over Mobile Hotspot:
Download 2,1 Mbps
Upload 1,13 Mbps
Ping 156 ms

speedtest.net shows on the N900's native browser:
Download 2,0 Mbps
Upload 1,06 Mbps
Ping 160 ms

So you see Mobile Hotspot hands the connection 1:1 over to the WEP secured wireless connected clients. This is good enough for me to choose Mobile Hotspot as a free opensource app for this function.

Only one thing I would add: It would be the best when Mobile Hotspot would show a list of connected clients each in a line with their UL and DL (Joikuspot has a similar feature).

Last edited by kyros; 2010-08-03 at 22:07.