Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Ok I am still struggling to untar this. I enabled the repository and could see an app called zip3 which handles .bz2, so I installed it. When I type in zip3 qstardict-0.13.1.tar.bz2 | tar xv in xterm it just says zip3 not found.

Do I have to run it from a specific directory or am I using an incorrect command. I am a windows user so apologies for my lack of knowledge.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Ok I am still struggling to untar this. I enabled the repository and could see an app called zip3 which handles .bz2, so I installed it. When I type in zip3 qstardict-0.13.1.tar.bz2 | tar xv in xterm it just says zip3 not found.

Do I have to run it from a specific directory or am I using an incorrect command. I am a windows user so apologies for my lack of knowledge.
Same for me. strange problem!
I advice you in the meanwhile we solve this new problem, uncompress it with your pc

ok I have now installed KUBUNTU. What do I untar a dictionary file with? I tried ark and copied the extracted files to the N900 but it is still not detecting a dictionary.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

ok I have now installed KUBUNTU. What do I untar a dictionary file with? I tried ark and copied the extracted files to the N900 but it is still not detecting a dictionary.
ok. regard uncompress ubuntu program I use file roller (as default sw in ubuntu).
regard not detecting, try this:
mkdir /home/user/.stardict/dic/
copy inside dic/ your dictionaries
after did it launch qstardict, tap on the top of the screen (on QStarDict) and select your dictionary desired in menu/configure -> dictionaries
It'll works!
otherwise write here again!

What files should I have when a dictionary is extracted?

What files should I have when a dictionary is extracted?
for example:
from stardict-comn_sdict05_bulg_syn-2.4.2.tar.bz2
after uncompressed it do you have these 3 files:
bulg_syn.dict.dz
bulg_syn.idx
bulg_syn.ifo
in this folder: stardict-comn_sdict05_bulg_syn-2.4.2
well, you have to copy the folder with these 3 files inside in /home/user/.stardict/dic/

Last edited by maemo.it; 2010-02-02 at 22:55.

ok, I can see those files when I extract. How do I copy them to the correct folder. Do I do that from xterminal?

ok, I can see those files when I extract. How do I copy them to the correct folder. Do I do that from xterminal?
xterminal or your PC with N900 cable-connected

I can't see the .stardict directory when the N900 is connected. Where is it located? I can see the .stardict directory in xterminal but not when the N900 is connected and I try through file manager

ok. easiest way: connect your n900 to your pc.
after that copy dictionaries in documents folder. after that, disconnect n900 from pc and use xterminal to move it in .stardict/dic
if you don't know the commands:
open xterminal
cd MyDocs/.documents (don't forget "M" and "D" capitals, in linux is different from "m" small unlike from windows)
when you are inside .documents directory type:
mv "name of dictionary folder" /home/user/.stardict/dic

eg: mv stardict-bulg_syn-2.4.2 /home/user/.stardict/dic

(if you know linux terminals you can use the tab on the screen to autocomplete commands, namefiles...)

The Following User Says Thank You to maemo.it For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, help i'm stuck