Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I think we will know more once they release the new update which should be coming some time soon by the looks of the string translations

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's not targeting all but only one device unofficially officially according to jolla. I think we need to make another change(at least) to make it less deceiving.

I don't support jolla officially. But unofficially I am a supporter.

On a second thought. Forget about it. Nothing is official yet.

What countries have cheapest Xperia X for sale and how much would a basic phone like that cost?

5 days left .

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-06-20 at 18:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I am still surprised that people don't put any value to their privacy but happily use Android and IOS and give their data free to big companies. Companies which make billions and even avoid paying taxes. I consider my privacy as my the most valuable thing I have. Even if I don't have any money left.

I happily loose money supporting other options so I bought used Sony Xperia X for 110 euros. Just to be ready for possible announcement.
Fanboy as I am...

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
I am still surprised that people don't put any value to their privacy but happily use Android and IOS and give their data free to big companies. Companies which make billions and even avoid paying taxes. I consider my privacy as my the most valuable thing I have. Even if I don't have any money left.

I happily loose money supporting other options so I bought used Sony Xperia X for 110 euros. Just to be ready for possible announcement.
Fanboy as I am...
Well, I guess it comes down to usability and how it makes your life easier. To be fair, no other platforms gives you easy access to the latest services. Jolla isn't an option yet and it's simply no guarantee that small companies are more secure.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Yeah most of the people just want to group chat with their friends and use social medias, full stop. Having an iPhone/Samsung and using whatsapp/facebook is the "normal" way to do that, they don't care about the rest (and anyway, alternatives are not usable by normal users for now)

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Changed thread title, hope it's better now
Will be perfect with 2 'f'

And little off-topic question while I'm here (since there is nothing to say about the Xperia project anyway): why is juiceme Thanking 90% of the posts? Lost a bet?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sthocs For This Useful Post:
I repeat the question I posted on TJC, maybe there someone here with more information or with some interest in disclosing some interesting (and believable) rumors... :-)

CITING
So, I know that the release of SFOS in Xperia X devices has been widely discussed and an announcement from Jolla is being expected by the end of June (13 days to go).

The point is....Yesterday, my Jolla C was incredibly thirsty and thought it would be a good idea to have a beer. Result of this: I can only run my Jolla C without battery and without SIM cards in it. My Jolla 1 does not work since a while, therefore I am detached from the mobile world.

Since I will have to buy a new mobile phone, I would like to ask -if someone from Jolla reads this between the lines- (that's the reason of putting this as an answer and not as a comment), if buying an Xperia X would be a good idea, or if maybe I should seek a cheap solution until the end of the month..............
END

Thanks guys :-) :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lupastro For This Useful Post:
"A blog post is being drafted as we speak. We can't announce anything before that post is public"

https://twitter.com/reviewjolla/stat...59117266358273

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
"A blog post is being drafted as we speak. We can't announce anything before that post is public"

So they'll push the blog post to EA and make it available to the general public ~1 month later ...?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

Better than nothing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
So they'll push the blog post to EA and make it available to the general public ~1 month later ...?
Most likely so but I would like to have information how SailfishOS is provided to Xperia X.
Can I flash my own Xperia X or do I need to by second one with preinstalled SailfishOS?

Last edited by KylliOrvokki; 2017-06-21 at 10:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x