Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I've looked on eBay and other numerous sites, just wondering if any of you have come across good deals on 4GB cards.

Preferablly I would want two, one internally partly as virtual memory and external memory for my mp3s and videos.

Do you think it will be ever possible that we will have 8GB or even 10GB MMC or SD

I know of a 2GB SD card for $17. It's a generic card from Microcenter.com. I have it as well as the 1GB SD card($10). I don't know how you'd rate the quality, but I'm satisfied with the performance.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
There are 8 GB SD rams on sale even at the moment (at least the store nearest to me sells them). I'm sticking to 2 GB SD rams until the prices for bigger ones come down (and nokia includes support for them in default kernel)

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
SD cards won't go beyond 4GB, that's why SDHC exists and can go up to 32GB. Unlikely to see 10GB cards as the capacities are doubling 1/2/4/8/16 etc.

Quite reasonable prices on 4GB SDHC cards here. The microSD option is quite interesting as not only is it cheaper than the full size card but will probably prove more useful in multiple devices (eg. N800 and/or a mobile phone). I doubt the Class 2/Class 6 speed difference will make much difference in practice.

I've bought both 4GB and 8GB SDHC Transcend cards (both Class 2) from this vendor and have been very happy (am not related etc. etc. just a happy customer!)

The Transcend SDHC cards work very well with the modified high-speed SDHC kernel, unlike my 4GB SDHC SanDisk card which isn't capable of high-speed mode.

Just a word of caution - be very, very careful when buying flash memory on eBay... my advice: don't do it.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-04-02 at 21:59.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yeah I know, I bought some flash memory for one of my Digital Cameras a few years back and only used it a few times and became corrupt.
Alot of cases are that buying from ebay you are gonna get a faulty card.

Best Buy has it on sale now for $ 59.99 down from $ 80