Notices

I guess ssh in, devel-su, then run

journalctl -fl

then cause the crash.

Congratulations, and thanks for the 1.0 (even if disputed ) release - great work all round!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
The update to the latest version just made rockpool useless for some reason. All notifications are just empty.
https://github.com/abranson/rockpool/issues/44

//Edit: Fixed

Last edited by MaemoUser; 2016-08-05 at 13:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
What happened? How did you fix it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
After the upgrade, I only got empty notifications and changes for the Timeline interface did not get set.

After a second manual restart of the rockpool daemon it worked. But I had to redo all settings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
Another issue on Nexus 5 (not sure whether this is something you can fix): the Pebble connection stops working after the phone goes to sleep and wake up again. The Pebble thinks it is connected, and Rockpool shows it as connected, but it no longer receives notifications, is no longer able to control media, and things like watch faces can no longer be uploaded.

If this happens while something is uploading to the watch, the upload hangs for half a minute and then it says "Failed" (on the watch).

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If I remember correctly, Nexus 5 had severe BT problems when I tested it. That was CM11 though. Are you on the newest port?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
I installed using CM11, and SFOS 1.1.9 - is there a newer one?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, though it has other tradeoffs.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96932

Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
But the bluetooth connectivity issue is still there: I tend to turn bluetooth off from the phone for night time. In the morning I turn it on again, and the phone and the watch find each other perfectly every time, but Rockpoold does not notice the connection until I restart it.
I think I spotted it this morning - although on a different occasion.

Tonight I left my phone at 15% bat - so it was whining all the night with low battery beeps. This morning I put it on a charger with 5% but noticed that pebble is disconnected. On the way to the office I've turned on my BT headset and realized it cannot connect to the phone. I've checked BT - it was on, however showing only devices which were on nearby - pebble, headset and my BT speaker. In fact I have smth like 10 devices paired - they just disappeared from BT settings screen (I've seen such behaviour before though).

Any attempt to connect the phone from headset failed. When I initiated connection from the phone - it connected.

Attempting to reset BT (off/on) does nothing - pebble is still disconnected, headset still cannot initiate connection.

Looking into syslog I see kernel reporting l2cap_sock_connect: failed -115 and followed by standard rockpool's QBluetoothSocket::UnknownSocketError.

So it seems there's still a problem in the BT stack implementation on jolla, where when BT adapter goes into deep sleep - it cannot be recovered back into proper state.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Not sure if that is the same case. I turn BT explicitely off from the phone in the evening, and on again in the morning. The devices get connected quickly (Pebble vibrates and BT marker disappears), only Rockpoold does not notice the connection. So, the connection is fine just by restarting the Rockpoold, no further actions to BT needed. And the phone connects e.g. to my car's hands-free every time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch