Notices

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
I just sent my first MMS in years!!!
Just installed and configured to use Optus in Australia, I'm actually using TPG (they use Optus network), and it worked on my 1st try!

THANK YOU frals!!!!

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
In France, using the provider Orange, the application works very well using the havoc mode (I didn't manage to make it work in rude/polite mode).

Thanks frals!
I would assume that in France the rude mode should work better
Just kidding!

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by cibyr View Post
This does not work for me. I've tried running the script, and "Internet Connections" says "VirginInternet" under "Automatically connect to", but it still automatically connects to the MMS APN and then nothing works

I also tried rebooting, but that didn't help either.
I'm afraid this is out of my hands as I was assuming that "Connect Automatically to" would actually respect the choice made there, but seems not. >_<

Please VOTE for this bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9476. Vote - DO NOT add a "me too" comment. Thank you!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
I just sent my first MMS in years!!!
Just installed and configured to use Optus in Australia, I'm actually using TPG (they use Optus network), and it worked on my 1st try!

THANK YOU frals!!!!

I would assume that in France the rude mode should work better
Just kidding!
Actually I checked the wiki and found it .. all tested and working

Thanks

C

Last edited by CheSter; 2010-05-06 at 08:18.

I know absolutely nothing about how to configure the network and fMMS didn't have one set up automatically like other people have had it do. I am on At&t in the US. New York if that matters much. Thanks for any help, great work in developing this staple of an app!!

I think the MMS page on the wiki needs updating to the new fmms access point layout. I cant seem to figure it out for Tmobile USA

is this currently in testing or extras already?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nokiaboy97 View Post
I know absolutely nothing about how to configure the network and fMMS didn't have one set up automatically like other people have had it do. I am on At&t in the US. New York if that matters much. Thanks for any help, great work in developing this staple of an app!!
Same here, was working perfectly being with Vodafone but since I have switched to Optus, no go.
I have uninstalled fAPN since there is no need to create APN anymore but it doesn't work

Originally Posted by frals View Post
I'm afraid this is out of my hands as I was assuming that "Connect Automatically to" would actually respect the choice made there, but seems not. >_<

Please VOTE for this bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9476. Vote - DO NOT add a "me too" comment. Thank you!
I've gone and voted for that bug and https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9500

It's not very encouraging that 9476 is "RESOLVED WONTFIX" though It seems that Nokia never intended MMS to work on Maemo5... which makes it all the more impressive that you'd gone and done it anyway Thanks for your awesome work, BTW

With regards to fMMS working in with vodafone in australia, I still can only send to other vodafone mobiles. I can receive from any other network but my messages to optus or telstra mobiles just disappear... The "message sent" confirmation always comes up after sending. If I put my simcard in any other phone it works perfectly so I don't think its vodafones fault.

Any other aussies having this problem?

Originally Posted by Jkill View Post
Same here, was working perfectly being with Vodafone but since I have switched to Optus, no go.
I have uninstalled fAPN since there is no need to create APN anymore but it doesn't work
Hey, any chance you could post your vodafone settings for me please?

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python