Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The ironic part of this is that currently it is being SLOWED DOWN because of the SGX. An instant way to get more speed is to disable the compositor, which is something I'm playing with.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Heya Javis!

Just something I thought to mention on Dosbox.

Whenever I tried to run Angband, T.o.M.E., Zangband, etc., I always would run into a segmentation fault error.

Also, not all of the hardware keys on my N800 would work either.

However, after following Pushwall's suggestion, everything is perfect again back like it was over a year ago.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=572

Maybe there was something really small that you overlooked when compiling the latest version.

Thought you might like to know.

Cheers buddy!

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The ironic part of this is that currently it is being SLOWED DOWN because of the SGX. An instant way to get more speed is to disable the compositor, which is something I'm playing with.
Yes? I did not know ..
There is a possibility to play good fluid (or playable) heroes2 on n900 with optimize dosbox? Or cpu is not powerful enough?

Last edited by TheThane; 2009-12-13 at 14:46.

Servus,

I can't key in a colon..., so I can't change the dir. :-( What key do I have to press???

As I said, I'm playing with video output performance -- a recent development has basically doubled the DrNokSnes framerate in the N900 and should do wonders for CPU-bounded fullscreen SDL games.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
As I said, I'm playing with video output performance -- a recent development has basically doubled the DrNokSnes framerate in the N900 and should do wonders for CPU-bounded fullscreen SDL games.
Wow very good! If you know something post here! Thanks
Now heroes2 (set no audio) on dosbox (optimized config) run, i can enter in castle, build, combat but rendering is a bit slow. But for a cellphone is very good

Can someone point me to were my dosbox install is on the n900. I can't seem to locate it via xterm or the file browser? I extremely familiar with a dos environment, just need someone to point me to the install directory so I can make a few changes to the config file and create a couple of bat files.

Thanks!

2d

The config file is in /home/user/apps/DOSBox 0.73 Preferences.txt , this made sense in Diablo but seems like it's done more bad than good and I might move it back to .dosboxrc in next versions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Hey javis,

DOSBox is a great emulator for a mobile device. I like playing those old adventures while sitting in a train.

I can take a look on those key mappings this weekend. Hope this helps to actually use DOSBox (i can't)

One Problem with the config-file, i added some line in the [autoexec] section:
#
#mount c /home/user/MyDocs/DOSBox/games
#c:
#cls
#

(Without the "#" marks ... just to point out that these are the lines)

But they are ignored. Is this my bad?

Greetings
Stoned

Last edited by StonedOne; 2009-12-16 at 14:42.

Hi!

I solved this problem on my own and my solution was exactly you told in this thread. My second problem is the performance. Is there any tweaks I can do if I want to increase performance.

Should I kill some processes, is there any tweaks in dosbox itself?

I have also Bt keyboard. I noticed that there are many missing keys working this way.