Too bad it the Straighttalk plan is on the Verizon network so the N900 can not be used.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
It would appear given the way that Egadget wrote it, only a few phones will even work with these plans. And yes it's only "mobile web" not 3G, not even full internet.

Of course, the price of using an antediluvian LG 220, LG Slider 290 or Samsung 451 can't be measured in mere dollars, but hey, humiliation's only temporary -- right?
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/14/n...storm-walmart/

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York

so this unlimited plan stuff might be true

http://www.tmonews.com/2009/10/proje...ees-the-light/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by mykenyc View Post
so this unlimited plan stuff might be true
@mykency: Mad props for getting the forum back on track and keeping the info current.

As for the actual factual info. This all means little, everything we had before is still speculation, though it does prove there is a new plan or plans comming out for T-mo that will be "The Most Affordable Unlimited Rate Plans" presumably on the US market. Which would likely mean 60 or lower.

This certainly gives hope and by the sound of "The Handset You Crave" there may very well be subsidizing, though still no mention of the N900.

Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
@mykency: Mad props for getting the forum back on track and keeping the info current.

As for the actual factual info. This all means little, everything we had before is still speculation, though it does prove there is a new plan or plans comming out for T-mo that will be "The Most Affordable Unlimited Rate Plans" presumably on the US market. Which would likely mean 60 or lower.

This certainly gives hope and by the sound of "The Handset You Crave" there may very well be subsidizing, though still no mention of the N900.
It have to be the N900 i mean what other device has not been mentioned already we know about the Blackberry 9700, we know about the Cliq and the Samsung is nothing special . Also many people who know about it say that we already know the answers because most leaks are correct including the N900.

Even when i mention the N900 to my manager he just smirks and say i cannot tell you.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm trying not to let excitement get the best of me, but dammit, it's sounding more and more like the N900 will come from T-mobile with a killer plan.

Arg! with my whole family on AT&T...

I really wonder (if they do this) how they are going make a profit if they subsidize the n900 AND do a cheaper rate..

And it's also annoying me because now I kinda wanna wait till I get more news from them before deciding whether to buy it from Amazon and then buy their plan. Or to just get it from them.

Though I wonder.. do you have to pay tax when you buy a mobile in store?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I really wonder (if they do this) how they are going make a profit if they subsidize the n900 AND do a cheaper rate..

And it's also annoying me because now I kinda wanna wait till I get more news from them before deciding whether to buy it from Amazon and then buy their plan. Or to just get it from them.

Though I wonder.. do you have to pay tax when you buy a mobile in store?
yes but even with the EIP you can stretch it out over the course of 20 months so in a sense it will cost little to nothing.

EIP? (googling didn't turn up anything helpful)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Installment basically like say its subsidized 299 you can break down the payments unto your bill for 20 months thats suppose to be the new eip the old/current one only lets you for 3 months

The Following User Says Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post:

Tags
rumor