Well, a) I did not yet try to (re-)register, so your post adds information and b) I know now that there seems to be some underlying problem, rather than just a glitch on my Jolla...

So, I kind of expect others to show up with the same problem...

Let's just hope that his can be solved.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Hengelo, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Reason: Protocol version outdated, sorry. Please report this issue and wait for application update.
I got it as well. I thought something had gone wrong when I accidentally let my battery run out completely, which is something that only happens rarely. I suppose it was a coincidence, and instead, WhatsApp has likely updated their client and their protocol.

Coderus, I just donated some more money so you can spend some time programming instead of scraping together rubles with other jobs. I was already contemplating giving another donation, and this made me decide, but I can't keep on giving money endlessly, I'm afraid to say .

People, please donate some money to Coderus, even if all you can or want to spare is just a little. If a lot of people give a little... well, you can do primary school maths. (Though, the PayPal fees become disproportionate with small donations. It's still better than nothing, or you could look into Bitcoin).

Is something like Patreon.com maybe an idea? To give people a chance to donate a small sum every month? That way, you can even plan for how much money you're expecting to receive the coming month, and this can also give you a more relaxed feeling, a bit like a paycheck, some financial security. I don't know if this is really the thing for you, it's just something I thought of.

PayPal also allows you to do monthly donations, but I've never investigated that feature any further. Is that something you'd like?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
in paypal you can setup recurring payment as well

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Hengelo, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
media sending should be next visible to users update.
Guess not after all . I suppose a protocol update takes priority.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
in paypal you can setup recurring payment as well
OK, I'll setup a monthly payment of 3 euros. It's not a lot, but it is monthly, and it is in addition to what I already sent you, of course. I can't find right now how much PayPal keeps for themselves, but if they would keep 40 cents (I believe it's € 0,35 and a percentage), you'd need 76 more people to meet your monthly goal of € 200. Come on, people!

How much effort do you think it is to get Mitakuuluu working again?

Thanks for donations, and of course protocol update will happen, but it's not visible for users, just makes application to work again

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Digital Brains View Post
Is something like Patreon.com maybe an idea?
Not really

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015...dumped-online/

Originally Posted by emgaron View Post
Well, a) I did not yet try to (re-)register, so your post adds information and b) I know now that there seems to be some underlying problem, rather than just a glitch on my Jolla...

So, I kind of expect others to show up with the same problem...

Let's just hope that his can be solved.
I have the same issue. I get the registration screen again. If I click on import from whatsapp, mitakuuluu opens, I see my conversations and after about 5-10 seconds, it jumps back to the registration screen.
If I quickly swype, I can go to the menu but I cannot see the option to send logfiles...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dam For This Useful Post:
well, at this point i dont need any logfiles. situation is known for me.

coderus the mitakuluu project is really still alive? thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Can someone upload this new version? I am getting tired of this Whatsapp drodi app, and nothing seems to work. Whatsup and Mitakuuluu3 bot not working. With Mitkakuuluu3 I get conected if I import the droid settings, but after 2 seconds disconnected again. And register is not possible because I get the message it is outdated.

So is there a newer version then 0.1.11-10.54.1? If yes, where can I find it?

Tags
mitakuuluu