Notices

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Regarding lyrics. Today Spotify announced that their client will contain apps.
Tunewiki will now be able to run inside Spotify and deliver lyrics.
Maybe this could be integrated with Qspot?

Edit:
Spotify Apps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-8oHqnAChc
Thanks for the info, I will look into it.. It would indeed be nice to integrate lyrics into QSpot..

I have now promoted version 0.1.0-4 to extras-testing.. You can vote for it at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...qspot/1.0.1-4/, so we can get the version with offline support to the stable Extras repository (the current Extras version still uses openspotify library).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I use Qspot daily, today a 7-mi jog with Chopin playing. It works perfectly in general, though sometimes I try to play an offline playlist and the song I select is shown to be playing, the time is passing, but there is no sound, and other offline playlists do the same. Today I rebooted my N900 on the run and then the sound in Qspot worked. I have about 15 offline playlists so far, ranging from 9 tracks (X - Los Angeles) to 328 tracks (John Fahey).

I wish I could automatically mark the song that I last played so the playlist would start on that song or the next one. I also wish that I could automatically combine playlists, like a checkbox for Chopin and Les Thugs and shuffle them to get random selections from those two artists, or more than two.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I use Qspot daily, today a 7-mi jog with Chopin playing. It works perfectly in general, though sometimes I try to play an offline playlist and the song I select is shown to be playing, the time is passing, but there is no sound, and other offline playlists do the same. Today I rebooted my N900 on the run and then the sound in Qspot worked. I have about 15 offline playlists so far, ranging from 9 tracks (X - Los Angeles) to 328 tracks (John Fahey).

I wish I could automatically mark the song that I last played so the playlist would start on that song or the next one. I also wish that I could automatically combine playlists, like a checkbox for Chopin and Les Thugs and shuffle them to get random selections from those two artists, or more than two.
The no sound issue should have been fixed in a previous update, does the problem happen when playing the first track after having started QSpot, or can it happen later (when you have already played tracks successfully with sound)? It seems that some problem exists with the audio policy system.

I think the functions you proposed should be possible to add to QSpot at some point..

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
I just found a feature from the desktop version of Spotify which has been there for who knows how long and I've missed it. The foldering of playlists! No more long long list of playlists! I tried doing a few folders and subfolders to see how Qspot works with them. Unfortunately foldering didn't make scrolling playlists any easier in Qspot. They're still a long list except that there are couple of new playlists in between that show 0 songs in them. Those are the folders created, so the list just got longer. Is it possible to make Qspot show these as folders? Would really make it tidier... =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Nozu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
I just found a feature from the desktop version of Spotify which has been there for who knows how long and I've missed it. The foldering of playlists! No more long long list of playlists! I tried doing a few folders and subfolders to see how Qspot works with them. Unfortunately foldering didn't make scrolling playlists any easier in Qspot. They're still a long list except that there are couple of new playlists in between that show 0 songs in them. Those are the folders created, so the list just got longer. Is it possible to make Qspot show these as folders? Would really make it tidier... =)
Folder support is on the todo list, I still have to see what is the best way to implement them in the QSpot UI. Beginning and end of a folder are internally represented as empty playlists, so that's the reason why playlists with 0 tracks are displayed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to notify here as well that the latest QSpot version (1.0.1-4) is now also available from the stable Extras repository.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
n900 - QSpot 1.0.1-4 offline mode - premium Spotify account.

Thanks for a great sw. One problem though:

Having some offline lists loaded into my phone I put the phone into offline mode (all radios off). Start QSpot in this mode. Get message "offline mode is now activated" - then a flash of message something like "login ..." and finally a fading message: "virhe:Network disabled". Finally QSpot stays at login screen. Is this the way offline mode is supposed to work - so, needs login in online mode always. Can not use QSpot in flights? Or is this behaviour a bug?

Was thinking that one can listen the offline lists 30 days before need for a new online login?

Last edited by QTI; 2011-12-12 at 14:08. Reason: forgot to thank first :)

The Following User Says Thank You to QTI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by QTI View Post
n900 - QSpot 1.0.1-4 offline mode - premium Spotify account.

Thanks for a great sw. One problem though:

Having some offline lists loaded into my phone I put the phone into offline mode (all radios off). Start QSpot in this mode. Get message "offline mode is now activated" - then a flash of message something like "login ..." and finally a fading message: "virhe:Network disabled". Finally QSpot stays at login screen. Is this the way offline mode is supposed to work - so, needs login in online mode always. Can not use QSpot in flights? Or is this behaviour a bug?

Was thinking that one can listen the offline lists 30 days before need for a new online login?
Well it is not supposed to work that way, i.e., you should be able to login without active network connection. Seems to be a problem with the library, working on a fix which I hope will be available soon.. Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad to hear you like QSpot!

Q new update to QSpot (1.1.0-1) can now be downloaded from extras-devel / garage site.. This version adds support for the requested Starred tracks playlist, in addition to some other fixes (to e.g., Last.fm scrobbling).

A new version for N9 / N950 (0.3.0) has also been submitted to apps.formeego.org.

Tags
premium account, spotify