Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
What is it?
First of all, this is just a basic app. It is only a work-in-progress. It helps in modifying the look of the conversations apps (Messagin app)

How do I run it?
VERSION 1.5.1+
INSTALLATION
You can download the app from this post and open it from the device to install it.

IMPORTANT: If you're getting errors relating to 'zenity', then please install zenity from the repos. See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=956794&postcount=3

What all does it help me do?
This app is an improvement over my previous scripts. It help to install new themes downloaded from here. Also, backup and restore, and help in installing portrait support (not guaranteed for custom themes)

Only installation of themes downloaded from the wiki is supported . I do not guarantee that themes downloaded from other posts may work. If a theme does not work, please drop in a request to get it repacked.

Limitations?
1. Has to be started from Xterm (solved from version 1.5)
2. Has to be run as root (solved from version 1.5)
3. No easy install-and-run process (Solved from version 1.5.1)

Known Problems (v 1.5.2)
1. Portrait mode is not working on all themes

What can be expected in the future?
Option to change our name in SMS window from 'You:' <-----DONE
Support for own avatar
Option to change color schemes <--------------------------------IN PROCESS
.Deb file to easily install scripts <----------------------------------DONE

What can not be expected in the NEAR future?
A better UI, because I dunno anything about QT coding. Anybody who can help me out, I will be grateful.

How can you help me?
*Find bugs. Report it. Help me kill it.
*Make shell scripts for other operations to modify conversations, so that it can be integrated with this app.

SCREENSHOTS

UPDATE V.1.1
I have updated the app to include one more script: to change our own name in the SMS conversation window from 'YOU:' to what ever you want.

UPDATE V.1.5
* mod to change colors in SMS (not feature complete as of 1.5)
* installable deb file
* squashed zenity bug giving segmentation fault.

UPDATE V.1.5.2
* new feature: change text colours
* menus repeat now
Attached Files
File Type: deb conversationmodder.1.5.2.deb (3.5 KB, 2495 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-12-22 at 13:29. Reason: New Version

The Following 105 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
aanckar, angelos_cy, arnoldux, arora.rohan, backstabber8, bandora, bingbings, bipinbn, BLIZZARD, BluesLee, Boemien, cciot, cheve, cincibluer6, cjp, cutehunk04, CutterSlade, Dark_Angel85, dredlok706, eefo, efekt, Erazor, excelar8, F2thaK, fareed_xtreme, futtawuh, fw190, garen, Guitaroach, Helmuth, Hootenholler, HtheB, ibrakalifa, imo, ioan, ivgalvez, ivyking, jhwan, John McClane, JorgeFX, jurop88, K9999, Kaamp, Kenny1001, latindark, logicalsid, lolloo, lostinmirkwood, MaddogG, MaDless, maemo55, Maj3stic, maluka, Mentalist Traceur, MetalSer, Mike Fila, mike_shenoda, Minhaz, moepda, mrsellout, MyNokiaN900, Natan_xy, neboja, Netweaver, NokTokDaddy, NOMIOMI, optimaxxx, osama, OVK, pali, Panta1, peter2p, PUNK, pursueky, ryusilva, SavageBrat, Schturman, shawwawa, Shinigamijim, shrijith1, sifo, slappy, SR90, SSLMM, Stonik, strange1712, Switch_, techno2001, Temporal, thej80, Tiboric, Tiran, travla, turbovomit, Verssetti, victorevo, videohese, vkv.raju, x-lette, x61, xRobby, youngcalihottie, Zentenario, zvogt
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
nice. great start

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Dumb question: what do I type in xterm to cd to the file?

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
when i choose install theme option it says sorry file does not exist !

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by garen View Post
if you have extracted the file in MyDocs then write

cd /home/user/MyDocs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
I have uploaded an updated package. It now has the ability to change our name from "You:" in the SMS window to whatever we want. More updates coming soon.

Originally Posted by garen View Post
let's say you unzipped all the files to A folder named ConversationModder in Downloads Folder in your MyDocs folder.
So you should first of all, run
Code:
sudo gainroot
Then change directory to where you've unzipped the files:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/ConversationModder/
Then run the script as
Code:
sh conversation_modder.sh
I know this is not exactly n00b friendly, but i am now experimenting with creating a deb file that will install the app, so that you can just run it easily from the menu.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Suggestion: autodownload conversations themes from the Wiki page.

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I have uploaded an updated package. It now has the ability to change our name from "You:" in the SMS window to whatever we want. More updates coming soon.

let's say you unzipped all the files to A folder named ConversationModder in Downloads Folder in your MyDocs folder.
So you should first of all, run
Code:
sudo gainroot
Then change directory to where you've unzipped the files:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/ConversationModder/
Then run the script as
Code:
sh conversation_modder.sh
I know this is not exactly n00b friendly, but i am now experimenting with creating a deb file that will install the app, so that you can just run it easily from the menu.
I can seem run this as I get something a Line 6 error "zenity" not sure what that means?

This is fantastic. My buddy was showing me a convo-editor app on his Droid recently, and I was impressed. I was hoping on the inside that something similar would show up on maemo. Lo and behold! Haha!

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I can seem run this as I get something a Line 6 error "zenity" not sure what that means?
Oh damn, zenity is not a built-in package? I had it in my n900 so thought everyone would have it too. Anybody else is having this problem?

Anyway, zenity is a way to incorporate GUI into scripts for programming n00bs like me. Feel free to download and install it with hildon application manager or from here: http://maemo.org/packages/view/zenity/

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:

Tags
conversations, modding