Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Durham, NC
I haven't needed to use Maemo Mapper in a while, but went to use it yesterday and noticed my AGPS says it outdated, and it took forever to get a GPS fix.

The last update I did to the server address was a while back:

$ gconftool --type string --set /system/osso/supl/agps_srv_address "64.14.59.165"

$ gconftool --type string --set /system/osso/supl/slp_address "64.14.59.165"

This worked for me for quite a long time --- and I have no idea when it stopped working, since I haven't tried to refresh AGPS in months.

Does anyone have a different address that they can verify is working for them? Thanks!

I haven't been able to get a fix on any suppl server since February 29, 2012.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Durham, NC
It's strange. I can ping supl.nokia.com and I get a reply from 83.150.75.211, but setting that as the agps_srv_addres and slp_address does not resolve the issue.

I also get a reply when I ping supl.google.com from 173.194.79.192 but that doesn't work either.

I saw the other revived old thread on the board that seems to be related to this, but the most recent posts are somewhat beyond me. I'd like to just understand why a specific address used to work and no longer does, and how to identify which one to replace it with so that it starts working again. Maybe I am taking the wrong approach.