Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm using a physical PIN calculator for my bank for several years now - it's not so bad.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Can't unlock my new ****ing XA2 bought on amazon even if developer mode says it can be rooted it is fake and impossible.

$ fastboot devices
CQ3001L1WG fastboot
$ fastboot oem unlock 0xxxxxxxxxxxx
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

I will never buy sony garbage phones they deserve to DIE

They can go f themselfs.
I had to put some -i option in there. Can't remember the code following it. Have to look it up at home

EDIT:
found this one on the web:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock
I my memory it was 0x29... but my memory fails me lately.

Last edited by Amboss; 2019-05-13 at 09:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
It's not the same for every bank. Now I have (still) stock XZ2 but before that I had moto x play with custom ROM (AOSP extended), so, rooted, no sign of google on it (I was using f-droid and yalp) and my app which I mostly used just to get an authentication code and then the rest in the browser was working just fine. And bank is part of intensa sanpaolo group so not something small and local.

All banks in sweden using bankid to identify you as person. Infact it is even worse: Almost all online payment you do in sweden you expect to have bankid. It's used to "secure you are the person buy it". Also can be used to login at dentist, hospital etc.. And most people do.

Now the idea itself is good. To identify with phone since that something most people have. BUT it should not depend on Android or IOS it should work on EVERY damn phone available including "dumb phones" and phones for old people who prefer non touch garbage and instead has phones with big physical buttons. For a critical thing like bankid it must work for everyone!

They could have used some kind of open source block chain instead of their crap solution. Its just plain stupidity. When I think of it why the freak should google have peoples info every time they go to dentist? I mean how do I know they API does not get sent to Google/Apple? How can we trust that API? Its just...

Also history repeats I remember around 2000 we had similar issues you could not use Linux to login at the banks because they did not trust Firefox and Linux and they only trusted Internet explorer and Windows not even MacOS was supported back then /facepalm...

They never learn. And most people does not care. They say "it works for me, stop being geek go buy Android".

Then in some year Google changes API again in dish all Android versions except latest. (As they did last summer) and as customer you yet again have to buy latest and coolest pace of garbage Android device. And of course old people, or young without a job, has low budget can't go buy a new f... device every year just because the banks are *****s.

So sick of it.

/bashing off...

It does help sitting here bashing. sorry...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2019-05-13 at 18:21.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I'm using a physical PIN calculator for my bank for several years now - it's not so bad.
I also has that variant but it does not work when using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swish_(payment) , or identify yourself at skatteverket etc.. So that is not a solution.

Also those PIN calculators is a huge joke. Especially for older people since you have to put plenty of numbers and replies just to login also the screen is tiny even for my eyes.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2019-05-13 at 18:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Also those PIN calculators is a huge joke. Especially for older people since you have to put plenty of numbers and replies just to login also the screen is tiny even for my eyes.
I hold my TAN calculator to the screen over a flickering gif that transfers all those numbers. I can then check on build in digit display the transfered numbers and get a 6-digit TAN afterwards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
And most people does not care.
end there's your answer to all the questions why everything sucks. People will take convenience over everything else without thinking. No one thinks about what may come after.Or at least not until it comes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
No one thinks about what may come after.Or at least not until it comes.
It's even worse than that. Even when it comes, the vast majority will not put two and two together and realize it came because of their actions (or lack thereof).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
In Norway i use mobile bankid. It works great. No app or browser needed. Android app from S bank works also. Everything running on Jolla 1 and Jolla C

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
In Norway i use mobile bankid. It works great. No app or browser needed. Android app from S bank works also. Everything running on Jolla 1 and Jolla C
How does this mobile bankid work, is it based on sms?
Or one of those things that's stored on simcard?

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
How does this mobile bankid work, is it based on sms?
Or one of those things that's stored on simcard?
I think it's stored on simcard.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post: