Hi,

Having attended the Maemo Summit, I realise many Maemo developers don't have English as their native tongue, and this can have an impact on the documentation (if it's written in English).

I was thinking how I might help the Maemo effort, and since I *am* English I figured I might be of some use.
While my English language skills aren't stellar compared to my peers, I would be happy to review open source documentation or other literature with a view to improving the end-user experience.

Let me know if you have any documentation you might want me to look through.

Max.
NB : No charge or anything, of course, but no guarantees either

The Following User Says Thank You to davidmaxwaterman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by davidmaxwaterman View Post
Hi,

Having attended the Maemo Summit, I realise many Maemo developers don't have English as their native tongue, and this can have an impact on the documentation (if it's written in English).

I was thinking how I might help the Maemo effort, and since I *am* English I figured I might be of some use.
While my English language skills aren't stellar compared to my peers, I would be happy to review open source documentation or other literature with a view to improving the end-user experience.

Let me know if you have any documentation you might want me to look through.

Max.
NB : No charge or anything, of course, but no guarantees either
Ditto here, too. I'm available for editing/proofreading, no charge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Great stuff guys - perhaps also create a page about your free services on the wiki? Or even a garage project where you can get mail notification that someone wants your help?

A lot of developers are not native English speakers so I think this would be a great help.