Active Topics

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
example 1 (translated from the Swedish Nokia site)
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...SmzoMyvONc0Dmw

"Initially limited compatibility with the SIM:
Nokia N900 comes with software to version 1.0, which may affect compatibility with some Hutchinson 3G SIM (mobile operator 3). For full compatibility with all Swedish operators' SIM cards we recommend updating to version 1.1, which is expected to be available for download at the end of December 09th"
*blop*

good luck finding those promises...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Nokia still hasn't learned from Apple that perception is everything. A simple press release with respect to this matter would've gone a long way with the N900 users.

Secrecy, lies, deception should be a practice of the past. Now that the technological pace has increased dramatically, I want to know the exact day of the updates an hour after a decision is made to offer one. Things can happen, deadlines can be missed, but I want that be communicated to me.
Want less, live more.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Want less, live more.
I will try to keep that in mind.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
What Nokia will learn from this experience is that they won't communicate any dates in the future. I actually hope this happens, so that those clueless people will shut the hell up about those imaginary "promises". Better keep the community in the dark and release when it's ready than experience turning their communicated possible dates into clueless moanfests.

This is a side effect of attempting more transparency, which I think you are not appreciating, it's not working out very well. Look at what Apple is doing, not only do they develop their products in total secret (and I mean total secret, I saw N900 prototypes way before it was released to the public), the software upgrades are also developed in secret (community tests of firmware upgrades for the iPhone? Are you kidding me?), so are the release dates. No-one from the company officially says anything, so there is nothing to moan about by the ******s in the community, on the contrary, every release is mass hysteria, also conducted mostly by ******s, by the way.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have some idea about possible future releases than experience what Apple is doing. So be happy with what you have. That "promises" garbage needs to go.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Well said!

As for me, I don't go nuts over firmware upgrades as they can bring on new probs to what once worked fine, no I would love to just use my uSIM in the N900 as thats why I bought it.

+1 Tomas!

----------------

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Want less, live more.
Demand makes corporations to compete for the customers. It forces them to R&D for better devices/services.

Off course there is other things in life, but these two things are not exclusive for one another.

So, please, remember to demand! That way we can keep the progress up and running.

Tomaszd, but they all can turn on their phones, they are subject matter experts! Surely they must have an inkling of what their talking about?
But seriously well said my friend.

I really hope Nokia is not discouraged by the village idiots, and continues to work wonders on the Maemo platform.

2d

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
I really don't understand why is it so hard to come to this forum and say "sorry, we won't make it in time, it will be ready next week or the week after..."

If i worked at Nokia at PR, i would chat with you guys the whole damn day...And don't try to excuse Nokia by mentioning NDA...i've signed several in my life to know what you can mention and what you can't... jeez

Oh dear Christ!

Would you people PLEASE quit whining about this? Nokia will release a firmware update for the N900 on their terms. No amount of whining here will make them speed this up.

We know it's in the works.

We're the ones who bought the EARLY devices! Now you have the gall to complain that Nokia isn't hurrying up with this new firmware? Come on, people, some of you are acting like spoiled little school girl princesses!

/Rant

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:

Tags
fictional update, limpware