Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Hmm... I was all excited about finally succeeding to upload this app to Extras-devel. In my euphoria I even wrote this thread. But now I find out while this app seems to install OK, there is no shortcut or anything. Everything seems to be installed under /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/. I wonder what is wrong this time?

Here is the source.
OK, I figured out that by looking at some source files.

Anyway, Countdown Timer is now available in Extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi,

I could update it from Extras-devel witout a problem. And now even the application manager was showing the 48X48 icon (thought it has a little bit different color scheme than the 64x64 but maybe it goes?).

But I could think using this for example when making food or so. And I changed the default sound from beep to some song. So that I could clearly notice when the time is up.

But... with that long sound there is couple things: when I start the clock from 00:00 it starts to play the song and when the time for example 3 minutes goes off it starts the song - but there's no way to stop the song?

So it's a little bit annoying that only way I can stop the song is to stop the whole application. So I think there could be additional features:
* To define start sound and end sound
* To stop the end sound when pressing 'Stop' (when using timer from for example minute to zero).

Again, just my opinions

Cheers,

Jux.

Last edited by juxxxer; 2010-01-11 at 08:57. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juxxxer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juxxxer View Post
Hi,

I could update it from Extras-devel witout a problem. And now even the application manager was showing the 48X48 icon (thought it has a little bit different color scheme than the 64x64 but maybe it goes?).

But I could think using this for example when making food or so. And I changed the default sound from beep to some song. So that I could clearly notice when the time is up.

But... with that long sound there is couple things: when I start the clock from 00:00 it starts to play the song and when the time for example 3 minutes goes off it starts the song - but there's no way to stop the song?

So it's a little bit annoying that only way I can stop the song is to stop the whole application. So I think there could be additional features:
* To define start sound and end sound
* To stop the end sound when pressing 'Stop' (when using timer from for example minute to zero).

Again, just my opinions

Cheers,

Jux.
1. Yes, the colour scheme is different, but I don't think it matters. Thanks again.

2. This app is mostly meant to be an countdown time timer. So if you want use it, for example baking something for 35:00, you should set the time to 35 minutes before pressing Start. Then it will play the sound when reaching 00:00. But yes. If you for some reason want to count up, it shouldn't play the sound when pressing Start. I will look into it.

3. I agree. Pressing Stop should stop the audio file. I will try to add this as soon as possible. Thank you for pointing out this.

Anyone knows how to override the silent profile? That is, play the audio file (using Phonon) even when the device is in the silent mode.

Cheers

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Anyone knows how to override the silent profile? That is, play the audio file (using Phonon) even when the device is in the silent mode.
have a look at this bug, and the discussion about it. It is not solved yet.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
A new version is now available in Extas-devel. Pressing Stop stops the sound too now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
The version 0.4-5 is now available. It's now supposed to be optified. Also it doesn't play a sound any more when counting up from 00:00. There are some other fixes and changes too.

Coundown Timer version 0.4-5 is now in Extras-testing! Please vote for here.

BTW, does anyone know how to make the Icon appear in that page?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Nice app., really.
To be honest, I was a little disapointed finding it, because I wanted to do the same application. I'm also learning Qt right now, and was disturbed the other day when I was cooking dinner and didn't find a countdown timer in the n900. How did they miss that?
But I guess this is the whole point of the n900, if anything is missing it won't take long before the community provide it!

Isn't the name of the app little bit dry though?
How about 'Al buddy' maybe?
It's almost like the idiot in "married with children", but with some reference to being an 'alarm buddy' instead...
Nah, I don't know. Good work btw.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Nice app., really.
To be honest, I was a little disapointed finding it, because I wanted to do the same application. I'm also learning Qt right now, and was disturbed the other day when I was cooking dinner and didn't find a countdown timer in the n900. How did they miss that?
But I guess this is the whole point of the n900, if anything is missing it won't take long before the community provide it!

Isn't the name of the app little bit dry though?
How about 'Al buddy' maybe?
It's almost like the idiot in "married with children", but with some reference to being an 'alarm buddy' instead...
Nah, I don't know. Good work btw.
Thanks.

About the name, I could of course always change the name to something like "The Ultimate Flip Flop", "Artificial Intelligence Time Calculating System" or just simply "Mr Smith", but I think the name would be just misleading at best. Besides, might as well use up all the dead obvious names before there are all those zillions of competing apps for Maemo.