Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Since like forever I've no audio in Android apps. Only the notification audio stream works, but the normal music audio stream remains silent. Until now I've hoped a Sailfish update would fix things (i.e. reset configuration), but now after installing 2.0.1.7 it still doesn't work.

I'v asked on TJC before, but no result came from that. I guess it's some configuration that got messed up somehow. Reinstalling Android support might fix it, but I'd rather not go down that path, as I think it should be easy to fix, once the source of the problem is found.

Anyone here knows where I can look?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Same issue here (2.0.0.10 Saimaa). To activate audio in all Android apps, the only workaround in my knowledge is launching my provider's mobile TV app (Proximus TVeverywhere). No audio by default, but disabling then re-enabling sound within the app restores normal audio.

Apparently, any Android app having audio disable/enable option can do it. TVeverywhere is the only one I have installed with that option.

I had audio break in my Android apps the other day, but rebooting fixed the problem. It seems that some app is breaking the audio config, but I haven't figured out which.

Rebooting or restarting Dalvik doesn't help in my case. No audio in any Android app until I activate it via TVeverywhere.

So I'm looking for any other light Android app with the same audio on/off behavior.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Unfortunately a login is required before you can do anything in TVeverywhere. There's no way for me to test it.

I've tried quite a few volume controller apps in Android. So far no luck.

Yes, I know, I should have mentioned it. Furthermore, I can use it only with a Proximus connection (so, only in Belgium). Additionally, I must rename "su" binary, as silly Proximus developers think my device is illegally rooted if su is detected.

There is probably a workaround with some pulseaudio command, but the available documentation doesn't give adequate indications.

Edit: support ticket and technical discussion in progress with zendesk. Stay tuned.

Last edited by objectifnul; 2016-04-28 at 18:56.