Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Thank you very much for this player, was just asking for one in another thread. Very nice features but I have one feature request, to get rid of the pulley menu in the video rendering page. Maybe I'm missing something and it's already possible? Other than that there's not much more to ask for.

Also just wondering how you're playing the files? If I may guess you're just feeding files to the multimedia backend because it seems to have issues with the same files as Gallery.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Very nice features but I have one feature request, to get rid of the pulley menu in the video rendering page
I will try adding the pulley menu to the trigger which hides the controls. So a simple click anywhere will tirgger controls aswell as the pulleymenu glow.

Also just wondering how you're playing the files? If I may guess you're just feeding files to the multimedia backend because it seems to have issues with the same files as Gallery.
Its the gstreamerVideoOutput which is used here. It is exactly the same the gallery also uses. This is simply because it is the best currently available for sailfish in terms of codec support and hardware decoding support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Yes it was to get rid of the glow I meant. Yeah I thought that you use the same backend as Gallery but your player at least tries to play vp8/webm, some work, and also seeks in mkv which Gallery doesn't.

Edit: Also nice that you show what codec it is when debugging gstreamer.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2014-01-05 at 15:29.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Improved the icon and added -p option on github already.
mced please test this new version and see if it works as you intend it. As I currently doubt that it will work with your little bash script.
Wonderful. Can we donate?

My script is ********, I know. Just for getting the idea

I don't know what to do with the Github files. Am I supposed to compile then on the phone or using the SDK? Very newbie.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Your great app is now my #1 choice for playing video files and watching YouTube!

It's nice that playing continues in background (although video can't be seen in the cover). And you can seek without stopping the video.

I noticed internet radio stations can be played, if you know the stream URL. Also Sailfish Media player can play internet radio, if you make a playlist that has the URLs. Jolla's capabilities are expanding...

Originally Posted by mced View Post
Wonderful. Can we donate?
I added a donation link to my signature.

I don't know what to do with the Github files. Am I supposed to compile then on the phone or using the SDK? Very newbie.
Yes you need to
Code:
git clone https://github.com/llelectronics/videoPlayer.git
Then open the *.pro file with the SDKs QtCreator and either test it in the emulator or add your real device (which needs developer mode turned on and you need the ip adress for ssh access) under Settings -> Device in QtCreator.
Then you can choose the real device in the menu above the Play button in QtCreators interface down left.
After you choose "deploy as rpm" you can hit the Start Mer SDK Button second from bottom. Wait until its started (until the stop buttons is clickable again) and start the build and deployment process to your real device by hitting the green play button.
I hope that instructions are helpful.

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-01-06 at 20:35.

I have one more feature request, if you could make the background black in the video rendering page? Now it shows the Ambience which is disturbing.

Edit: And perhaps cut down the name under the app launcher icon to just "LL Player" would look better?

Last edited by xerxes2; 2014-01-06 at 22:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
Very nice app, finally I can watch youtube properly

I updated it to version 0.2 with this changes:
  • Added About page
  • Hide pulley menu if controls are hidden
  • Always black background when video is played back
  • New improved icon (thx to watchmaker)

RPM Download here: https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...-1.armv7hl.rpm

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-01-07 at 20:45.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Hey, thanks for your app it's great! Is it in your roadmap for the application cover to also play the video instead of just the audio part?

The Following User Says Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post: