Notices

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do against lists not syncing currently. kempus5 is correct that libspotify is deprecated.

We can only wait until Spotify releases the new native library libspotify_embedded. I checked in the Android SDK there is a .so file included, but without a header file it is quite hard to get something usable out of it.

Cheers,
Lukas

The Following User Says Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I've got one feature request I am not sure if it could be properly called a bug or an enhancement;

When you search for an artist by name, cutespotify will give a fairly long album list under the "albums" section, however if the artist or group has many albums it will not list them all..

For example; if you search for "Uriah Heep" you see 35 albums. However when you use spotify client on linux you see a range of 45 albums.
Why this is annoying; the albums are presented in the age order, newest first and this way I cannot access the oldest albums at all...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Regarding the issues with the libspotify api, I got a reply from Spotify when I asked them:

Hey,
there won't be a publicly available libspotify successor before the end of 2016. Happy to add you to a list of potential users of a private beta, if we run one. Please email developer-support@spotify.com with what you'd like to use it for 🙂 Happy holidays!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Any chance of a rebuild on 2.1.0.9? It seems that CuteSpot somehow doesn't produce any audio, and the volume controls change the ringtone volume. I'd have a go myself but I can't find the libspotify package anywhere now. They've removed it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Any chance of a rebuild on 2.1.0.9? It seems that CuteSpot somehow doesn't produce any audio, and the volume controls change the ringtone volume. I'd have a go myself but I can't find the libspotify package anywhere now. They've removed it.
https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/

"Important! LibSpotify and CocoaLibSpotify are no longer under active development on any platform and are considered deprecated. If you are building applications for iOS or Android, please use the iOS SDK or Android SDK. We hope to be able to provide you with a new library for other platforms."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
BTW CuteSpot from the Jolla Store is still working fine on Sailfish OS 2.1.0.9, so deinstall the version from Openrepos and install CuteSpot from the Jolla Store.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
BTW CuteSpot from the Jolla Store is still working fine on Sailfish OS 2.1.0.9, so deinstall the version from Openrepos and install CuteSpot from the Jolla Store.
Didn't know cutespot existed in jollastore

Thanks now I can remove the crappy android original spotify app and use cutespot again

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Åbo, Finland
So how is the application working for users now? I am looking at getting spotify, but only if the CuteSpotify works well enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to wred_e For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by wred_e View Post
So how is the application working for users now? I am looking at getting spotify, but only if the CuteSpotify works well enough.
CuteSpotify has been replaced by CuteSpot.

The only thing that does not work, is syncing playlists.
So if you add a song to a playlist on CuteSpot, it won't be visible on the real PC Spotify client. But if you add it on the real Spotify client on the PC, it WILL show on CuteSpot.

Another thing that is a bit broken sometimes, is the search function. Other than that, it works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I updated the openrepos version to a working one. I'm not sure if bluetooth controlling will work now (if it did on the Jolla-Store version it will, otherwise not).

Changes in version 1.5.8-0:
Improved MPRIS handling (thanks to abranson)
Fix crash in search
Initial URI handling support (for tracks only)
Remove bluetooth code that made the app non-working (openrepos version)

If there are no issues I will also put it in store.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch