Sorry for the new thread, but could not find information elsewhere.
I'm trying out SFOS port on Oneplus X, and ran into an issue with MMS (multimedia messaging) send/receive not working.

Apparently there can be compatibility/configuration issues of mms settings (APN etc) with SFOS on Jolla devices, and Jolla has put out two apps to help with debug:
1. "MMS Logger"
2. "Advanced MMS Settings"

These are described here: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...t-should-I-do-

At the moment there is no Jolla store access for this port, so I cannot directly download and install the apps.

I tried using "pkcon search name mms" (and other string combinations) and tho I was able to see several packages related to mms debug, and install them, I was not able to actually obtain the apps mentioned above, i.e. no icons for those on launcher.

Can someone with Jolla store access let me know the exact name of these packages for "pkcon install <pkg name>" to succeed?
Any additional insight on how to debug mms send/receive issue is welcomed

The Following User Says Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Is that enough?

Code:
Installed       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.9-31.1.armv7hl         Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.1-10.9.1.jolla.armv7hl Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.2-10.10.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.4-10.20.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.3-10.14.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.5-10.21.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.6-10.24.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Installed       harbour-mmslog-1.0.3-13.1.armv7hl               MMS Logger
Available       harbour-mmslog-1.0.2-11.1.armv7hl               MMS Logger
Available       harbour-mmslog-1.0.1-8.1.armv7hl                MMS Logger
Available       harbour-mmslog-1.0.0-10.14.1.jolla.armv7hl      MMS Logger
Installed       mms-engine-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl                MMS engine
Available       mms-engine-1.0.38-1.18.1.source                 MMS engine
Available       mms-engine-debuginfo-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl      Debug information for package m
ms-engine
Available       mms-engine-debugsource-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl    Debug sources for package mms-e
ngine
Available       mms-engine-tools-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl          MMS tools
Available       mms-engine-tools-debuginfo-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl        Debug information for p
ackage mms-engine-tools

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Is that enough?

Code:
Installed       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.9-31.1.armv7hl         Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.1-10.9.1.jolla.armv7hl Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.2-10.10.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.4-10.20.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.3-10.14.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.5-10.21.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Available       harbour-mms-settings-1.0.6-10.24.1.jolla.armv7hl        Advanced MMS settings
Installed       harbour-mmslog-1.0.3-13.1.armv7hl               MMS Logger
Available       harbour-mmslog-1.0.2-11.1.armv7hl               MMS Logger
Available       harbour-mmslog-1.0.1-8.1.armv7hl                MMS Logger
Available       harbour-mmslog-1.0.0-10.14.1.jolla.armv7hl      MMS Logger
Installed       mms-engine-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl                MMS engine
Available       mms-engine-1.0.38-1.18.1.source                 MMS engine
Available       mms-engine-debuginfo-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl      Debug information for package m
ms-engine
Available       mms-engine-debugsource-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl    Debug sources for package mms-e
ngine
Available       mms-engine-tools-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl          MMS tools
Available       mms-engine-tools-debuginfo-1.0.38-1.18.1.armv7hl        Debug information for p
ackage mms-engine-tools
Yes, perfect. However, now I know why I was not able to see the packages marked "harbour-*" ...w/o harbour store access I cannot "pkcon install" those, not visible. (strange since I can see other harbour packages, but not the mms related ones).

Any chance you can upload those somewhere? Alternatively is there another way to obtain those?
In any case, thank you clarifying!

Last edited by lfc22; 2016-04-04 at 21:54.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
Sorry for the new thread, but could not find information elsewhere.
I'm trying out SFOS port on Oneplus X, and ran into an issue with MMS (multimedia messaging) send/receive not working.
Have you tried switching to 3G/2G? On Nexus 5 on T-Mobile USA, it does not work while connected to 4G (possibly like Voice, it needs to switch down to 3G for MMS as well and it is not working properly, don't know).

Also, make sure your APN settings are correct for your provider for 2G/3G (not 4G/LTE).

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Also try switch wifi off when you trying to send/download mms. In my case it work only if I switch wifi off.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Also try switch wifi off when you trying to send/download mms. In my case it work only if I switch wifi off.
WiFi has always been turned off when 4G is connected. mms simply does not work. Now that I have mms logs showing issues, someone from Jolla may be able to help debug. Sent it to mms-debug@jolla.com. Lets see if they respond...

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Have you tried switching to 3G/2G? On Nexus 5 on T-Mobile USA, it does not work while connected to 4G (possibly like Voice, it needs to switch down to 3G for MMS as well and it is not working properly, don't know).

Also, make sure your APN settings are correct for your provider for 2G/3G (not 4G/LTE).
I have tried a few combinations 2G/3G/2G+3G, nothing works so far.
I have also tried exact settings as in my N9, which has no mms issues, same result.

Im also on T-mobile in the US, would you mind sharing your exact settings?
(APN, proxy & mmsc, message size)

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
I have tried a few combinations 2G/3G/2G+3G, nothing works so far.
I have also tried exact settings as in my N9, which has no mms issues, same result.

Im also on T-mobile in the US, would you mind sharing your exact settings?
(APN, proxy & mmsc, message size)
Here is my MMS setting for SFOS on Nexus 5 on T-Mobile USA .

I do not have Jolla MMS Settings apps installed.

Hope it helps.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Here is my MMS setting for SFOS on Nexus 5 on T-Mobile USA .

I do not have Jolla MMS Settings apps installed.

Hope it helps.
Thanks. These are the default settings when using pulley menu "reset to default". It did not work for me using any of the modes: 2G/3G or 4G.