Notices

I'm having the same problem. So no solution other than reflashing?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
*Facepalm* It IS your transitions.ini file. That is the ONLY way you can cause the effect you're discussing to happen (realistically). Of course reflashing makes the problem go away - reflash will wipe whatever f'ed up transitions.ini file you made in the first place.

There are MANY transitions.ini files. One is the one referred to above in this thread. It's the default one, and other transitions.ini files override it. First, try following the previous guy's advice, but for the file found at /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini - the /etc/hildon/theme directory symlinks to /opt/usr/share/themes/[directory name of your current theme], but it's FAR easier to point people to that than to walk them through figuring out which of the theme directories is the one belonging to their theme.

You ALSO have to restart the desktop on your N900 to see the results of any changes. So go type "killall hildon-desktop" in your x-term as root OR if that's too complicated for you, reboot the N900. (After making the transitions.ini file changes, obviously.)

OK, I'll try that transition setting again. Just because I read that the previous guy had tried the suggested settings without results, so I thought it was another problem.